Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

only just 17 and needin a car

bakergtr
11-29-2005, 08:44 AM
hi guys, im back!
any ways, ive been 17 for a month now and i dont what car to buy to learn in, its got to be dead cheap, easy to drive, have some respect ie not a fiat panda and most of all really cheap to insure, the last being most important, im from the uk aswell, i would prefer japanese but owt will do, any killer suggestions?
p.s reliability is not an issue as i will probably crash it any way!:lol2:

turtlecrxsi
11-29-2005, 12:33 PM
Honda Civic

JLad10687
11-29-2005, 03:48 PM
Fiat Punto....I'm not sure how cheap they are used, or new for that matter but I want one.

bakergtr
11-30-2005, 03:39 AM
i wanted a civic at first cos of the modding potential, but the engine make insurance a killer, as for the punto i avnt thought of that, i was meant to be gettin a nova off my uncle but it got nicked lol!

JLad10687
11-30-2005, 08:19 AM
Civics insurance isn't bad b/c of the engine, its bad because it has the highest theft rate of any car and because it is an economy car, it lacks the great safety features that alot of people have come to know and love. I know some puntos start with 130 bhp and as far as I know, they are pretty tuneable. Just throwing it out there, how much do they cost over there?

Altimas
11-30-2005, 05:13 PM
ya.. civic insurance expensive because of the engine... good one :lol:
Good luck with the modding potential.. if you're into learning how to swap engines.
In which case it wouldn't really be modding the engine, it would be replacing.
A standard civic motor isn't gonna be like you though in a few bucks and all of a suden it has twice the stock hp.

lamehonda
11-30-2005, 06:21 PM
Late 80's honda accord if you're planning on just crashing it. Not a good attitude to have. I think you were kidding, so I'll let it slide.

BTW 2 door cars are much more expensive to insure than 4 door cars.

bakergtr
12-02-2005, 01:25 PM
the only ones i see advertised are 1.5ltr and up, i know you cant mod the engine too get masses of power too! insurance for a 1.5 over here tho is really expensive and in england its mainly fiestas and novas that get nicked by chavs not civics! oh and as for crashing it ill try my best not too but it is inevitable! any over suggestions?

Add your comment to this topic!