Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1980 Gls 1.8

Tiger!
11-29-2005, 04:30 AM
Hey there!!

I need some assistance, have just bought this car, now where I come from you don't get "Rabbits" its known as a Golf 1, and I have gone through so many postings to see if there is even anything similar to my car and what do you know, there isn't. This car is a 4 door, which seems to be different to most of the other rabbits. Basically I just want to get as much information as possible, the car has no user manuals etc, so I'm absolutley clueless, so if anyone out there can help I would really appreciate it.

zagrot
11-30-2005, 12:21 AM
from what i've read the golf was marketed in the us as the rabbit during it's first two revisions, so to speak. apparently there was not much of a difference except for the name being rabbit in the united states, and golf everywhere else that the car was sold. there are four door rabbits, perhaps they are less common than the two door models, but they are out there.

in order to get as much information as you can it will probably be easiest for you to do an internet search on the specific topics of interest or buy a service manual. don't worry about the lack of an owners manual because early vw's don't have many obscure features, and because repair manuals are more informative any way.

Add your comment to this topic!