Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 Mountaineer JBL Audio Questions

stratboy535
11-28-2005, 02:00 PM
Hi,
My 1997 Mountaineer came with the JBL Audio system. My goal is to replace the head unit and to use the stock power amp with the new head unit. I am not concerned if I loose the back seat audio controls.

The head unit I am picking up has two RCA pre-outs. Will I be able to connect the new head unit to the stock power amp via the rca connections? Or will I need to purchase an additional wiring harness to interface the new head unit with the exisiting power amp? If so, what model number or manufacturer for such an wiring harness?

thanks!!!!!!!

bumpinkicker04
11-30-2005, 08:35 PM
Hi,
My 1997 Mountaineer came with the JBL Audio system. My goal is to replace the head unit and to use the stock power amp with the new head unit. I am not concerned if I loose the back seat audio controls.

The head unit I am picking up has two RCA pre-outs. Will I be able to connect the new head unit to the stock power amp via the rca connections? Or will I need to purchase an additional wiring harness to interface the new head unit with the exisiting power amp? If so, what model number or manufacturer for such an wiring harness?

thanks!!!!!!!

No you will not be able to connect the stock amp to the new head unit with new reciever with rca cables. You will have to buy the adapter. Here is crutchfield's phone number (1-888-955-6000). And their email addy for product questions (solutions@crutchfield.com). Hope that helps

Add your comment to this topic!