Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Quick Question

Capt.Moe
11-27-2005, 05:11 PM
Anyone know if they make replacement body panels for the FC's and if so where can I find them.

Also, the rear section is just one BIG piece right? How hard would it be to replace that?

Also Rocker Panels.

If anyone has any clue where to get them That'd be good. Thanks.

fcdriver
11-27-2005, 11:09 PM
Most remain body parts dealers can sell you the parts just look in the yellow pages for parts stores and most of the time you'll find a local place that sells the pannels.

As far as replacing the quarter pannel you'll have to drill the factory welds to get it off which isn't the easyest job to do. If you have bad rust spots it would be easyer to either cut the bad area out yourself and patch it with sheet metal or find a good body shop to do it for you.

I've replaced most body pannels on differant types of cars and it's a pretty drawn out process and if you don't have the experiance or knowledge to do it you might not get the pannel back on right and have the risk of a leak or reduced structure of the body itself.

Capt.Moe
11-28-2005, 01:18 AM
Thanks FC, I wasn't looking at doing it myself, as there's some stuff I just won't touch, and that would be one thing.

That's a big rear panel though, holy smokes.

Anyways, with a body shop do you have to request them to properly fill it in (ie Welding in new metal) Or do they do it on there own? I've seen a few shops, and they all where different.

fcdriver
11-28-2005, 02:13 AM
It really depends on the shop, some will just use a body filler ie. fiberglass or bondo to do some minor holes and some will use a sheet metal blank to fill the removed surface.
Just ask the shop doing it to use sheet metal when they repair the area just so you make sure they don't do a second rate job on it.

Capt.Moe
11-29-2005, 01:12 AM
yeah, I gotta get an estimate done, but I want to find a good body shop intown first.

FDTT
12-01-2005, 02:26 AM
I have more parts than the mazda wearhouse here in vancouver :P
If you need parts let me know, i buy ALOT of RX7's for parts and rebuild some ICBC stuff as well. There are ALOT of my cars running around out there.

PS if you ever see a whait 87 TII with a full RE kit, exhaust, and a google of other RE bits on it and black mazdaspeed seats, tell that dude to call me, i want my money. :( GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Capt.Moe
12-01-2005, 06:51 PM
I have more parts than the mazda wearhouse here in vancouver :P
If you need parts let me know, i buy ALOT of RX7's for parts and rebuild some ICBC stuff as well. There are ALOT of my cars running around out there.

PS if you ever see a whait 87 TII with a full RE kit, exhaust, and a google of other RE bits on it and black mazdaspeed seats, tell that dude to call me, i want my money. :( GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I don't live in BC anymore but I'm sure if I see him on one of my visits I'll do so.

Anyways.

Doors.. without dents and dings or anything like that? passanger and Driver side. Power Mirrors? Shaved would be nice...

Anyone know how to Shave door handles off and have it so you push a button it the door opens?

fcdriver
12-01-2005, 10:15 PM
Yes I've done it on a mazda b2000.

Take the handle off grind the area around the handle, get a peice of sheet metal and cut it to the shape of the handle inlay. Tack weld the blank in place, make sure you don't hear the metal up to much or it will warp. Keep going around the metal untill it's totaly welded then grind it down flush and use a good glazing puddy to fill any minor holes.
Then buy the door popper kit and install it on the inside of the door frame.

Capt.Moe
12-01-2005, 10:22 PM
Yes I've done it on a mazda b2000.

Take the handle off grind the area around the handle, get a peice of sheet metal and cut it to the shape of the handle inlay. Tack weld the blank in place, make sure you don't hear the metal up to much or it will warp. Keep going around the metal untill it's totaly welded then grind it down flush and use a good glazing puddy to fill any minor holes.
Then buy the door popper kit and install it on the inside of the door frame.

okay...

where can I get a popper kit?

fcdriver
12-01-2005, 10:40 PM
Jcwhitteny sells a cheap popper kit but I don't know how long the acuators will last from them.

I'ver heard of people using c4 vette door lock acuators for poppers but you would have to buy a remote power switch to control them.

Capt.Moe
12-01-2005, 11:35 PM
hmmm... I will have to look into it.

Chris V
12-02-2005, 02:43 PM
hmmm... I will have to look into it.

Pick up a street rodder magazine or a mini trucker magazine for quality shaved handle door poppers and electronics. And make sure you leave the inside mechanical latch working so you can get out in an accident or when the power is dead.

Capt.Moe
12-03-2005, 01:27 AM
Pick up a street rodder magazine or a mini trucker magazine for quality shaved handle door poppers and electronics. And make sure you leave the inside mechanical latch working so you can get out in an accident or when the power is dead.

Was thinking about that, just trying to figure out where I would hide the buttons to pop the doors. Also means I ahve to get keyless entry.

No worries. I Shall figure it out.

FDTT
12-04-2005, 04:36 AM
Was thinking about that, just trying to figure out where I would hide the buttons to pop the doors. Also means I ahve to get keyless entry.

No worries. I Shall figure it out.

Inside a wheel well, under the side skirt area are good places as long as there sealed buttons. But you dont want to use them often, you would want a remote popper in there as using that all the time people might figure out how to get in your car.

Capt.Moe
12-06-2005, 10:58 PM
Do the make remote popers?

corning_d3
12-06-2005, 11:22 PM
Yeah, i installed a set on a neon the other day. 250 feet away and POP!

FDTT
12-06-2005, 11:29 PM
Yeah, i installed a set on a neon the other day. 250 feet away and POP!

BWAHAHAHAHA poppers HAHAHAHAHAH on HAHAHAH *large breath here* a NEON!!!! BWAHAHAHHAHAHAH *falls onto floor laughing my ass off*

corning_d3
12-06-2005, 11:37 PM
lol! Yeah i know, but i would've lost points if i refused it. I work in a auto tech. program at a tech. college. Don't worry though, I laughed when i first saw it....one hubcap, monster 14" rims, primer EVERYWHERE!! It was a gigantic piece of s**t! The engine sounded horrible, but gotta have those poppers!!!

FDTT
12-07-2005, 12:16 AM
my stomach hurts right now LMAO

Add your comment to this topic!