Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Camaro gauges not reading

BrianQ
11-27-2005, 04:39 PM
I am looking at buying a 1986 Camaro Berlinetta. Everything is great, but the speedometer does not come on. This is something that I would need to have fixed if I bought the car. Does anyone know what the problem might be or what it takes to fix it?

riccbhard
11-27-2005, 06:34 PM
The only thing that is wrong is probably the speedometer cable. But If I were you I'd wait for some other people to reply here. They probably know more than me :p

camaro1995
02-15-2006, 10:18 PM
if its guage dash it might be the spedo gear that hooks upto the trany, if its electrick dash it might be a bad sensor or connection.

97cavalier
02-15-2006, 10:51 PM
might be a fuse alos. And don't get a berlinetta, at leaste not a v6 one. you will hate it.

malletslinger
02-16-2006, 03:53 PM
Did you already buy the car?
That car has a digital dash right? Is it just the speedometer that doesnt come on or is it the whole display?
I can give you the website of a digital dash repair service that has the cheapest prices Ive been able to find, and the price includes shipping both ways! They do good work, which they warenty, their turnaround time is like a day or two, and they are very helpful and friendly. If you have any questions about problems your dash might be having, they can explain it to you and tell you if they can fix it.

Gforce_3
06-23-2006, 02:57 PM
hey if you could hook me up with that site i would be greatful i just bought a camaro with a electronic dash that seems to have some probelms i think but not sure never owned one with a dash like that so im a little unsure i do know i can't figure how to turn the wipers off i know you can laugh if ya like but they won't shut off i have hit every button i can think to hit.

CamarosRsweet94
06-23-2006, 03:11 PM
This thread is really old, please don't bring up old threads it makes it really messy around here. If you have an issue create a new thread and ask there.

Add your comment to this topic!