Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

drivers window problem

dt5255
11-27-2005, 03:46 PM
I have a 2002 Grand Am Gt. The drivers side window was working fine when all of a sudden it fell. After opening the door panel, we found several plastic pieces and a metal piece with a plastic piece attached(with a bolt) in the bottom of the door. Took the pieces to a Pontiac dealer, he ordered the parts. Problem is that I have no diagram on how to install them. Anyone know where I can get a diagram on this?

skibum1111
11-27-2005, 04:52 PM
Welcome. Pull the door panel off the passenger side door, use that as a model for the drivers side, just remember its going to be backwards, like looking at a mirror.

dt5255
11-28-2005, 05:33 PM
Welcome. Pull the door panel off the passenger side door, use that as a model for the drivers side, just remember its going to be backwards, like looking at a mirror.

Thanks, I thought of that but I thought if I could find a diagram somewhere it would save alot of time.

Hoags
11-28-2005, 10:46 PM
You may be able to find a diagram in a Chilton or Haynes manual, You may want to pick one up at a parts store for about $15-$20. I will have a lot of info on making other repairs too. You may also be able to get a diagram from the parts dept. at the dealership, or at least get a look at one when you pick up the parts.

good luck,

dt5255
11-29-2005, 09:51 PM
Thanks, been meaning to get manual but haven't gotten around to it. Dealership where I got parts didn't have diagram

Hoags
11-30-2005, 03:04 AM
I will try to get to my Haynes manual today and see if there is any type of diagram on the window works. But as for having a manual, they're great for looking up other stuff too. Mine has helped many times, and after reading through a certian proceedure I woukd then ask about it on the forum to pick up on any short cuts from members that have done the job in the past. Things have worked out pretty well for me doing things that way.

I'd ask at the parts store, see if they have a diagram on their parts ordering software, if not I'd ask if you could look through a manual before buying it to see if it will have anything to help you.
I'll let you know about the haynes manual as soon as possible.

Dan

BNaylor
11-30-2005, 08:43 AM
Those plastic pieces are what helps attach the window regulator assembly to the glass. Here's a link to a guide that may help, checkout page 5:

http://www.a1electric.com/grandam.htm

xeroinfinity
11-30-2005, 09:13 AM
Haynes manuals suck! Fyi - they dont hav a good detail picture for anything. they dont show the window workings either :(

dt5255
12-09-2005, 09:52 PM
I would really like to thank everyone for all their help. The plastic pieces were part of the regulator only you can't buy just the mplastic pieces you have to buy the whole regulator. That sucks. Anyway thanks again and If I ever have any other problems I;ll be sure to come back to this forum. Lots of nice people and very helpful.

Add your comment to this topic!