Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

knock knock at my engnes door last night

bigirb2002
11-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Last night i was driving to my cousins house to fix his computer. So i get out on the highway an noticed there wasnt many cars around. So i decide to see what my car can do on a cold night. So I kicked it an around about 105 mph i felt a great lose of power.Then I slowed down to 60. Hm somthing isnt right.I kicked it again notice it didnt have as much punch. So I slowed down to about 45 an got to my cousin street an stopped.

I poped the hood an noticed my oil pump was smoking . So i ran back to my seat an see the oil light was on then I turned the engine off. I got oil out my trunk an put it in the car an restarted the car. The oil light went off. Well at that time i was like forget it i will get another engine anyway cause i heard one of those loud noises when the rpms went over 2000.

I drove it to my cuz house fixed the computer an left. It drove ok an smooth till i hit 2300 rpm this time. I got back in town an stopped at McDonalds where a few people was with there car chilling outside.(typical ricer saturday). Few came to my car an was like man when u came threw the first time it was sounding mean an now its sick ready to die.Im like no shit.

I get my food an get in the car start up moved about 20 feetan the car cut off. Im like well thats the end. i started it again and drove it home. The noise was getting louder an louder an power kept decreasing. I let a neighbor mechanice hear it this morning soon as i started it he turned an walked off an said get a new engine rebuilding will be expensive. Well now i plan on getting a 4age silvertop 20 valve engine with 4 trottle bodies.just wanted to share my second engine *uck up in 7 monthes. Wish me luck with my silver top 4age.

I told this story of what happened to see what you all may think of what actually happened to my engine an what i can do to prevent this from happening again. The mechanic said it sound like a spun bearing what do you guys think Here all updates an pics of my car http://www.cardomain.com/ride/832843

clawhammer
11-27-2005, 12:40 PM
Sorry to hear about your engine. What kind of car was this in?

bigirb2002
11-27-2005, 01:08 PM
prism click on the car domain link to see it it isnt your average geo

pre98zetec
11-27-2005, 02:35 PM
spun bearing would be my guess

Ace$nyper
11-27-2005, 04:26 PM
sounds like shes toast
2 motors in 7 months damn....

Polygon
11-30-2005, 02:59 PM
Yeah, spun bearing. That's what happens when oil doesn't get between the bearings thanks to a dead oil pump. My suggestion would be to get an aftermarket oil pressure gauge. The ones that come in your car are pretty much idoit lights and aren't very accurate.

xXxRocker5150
11-30-2005, 08:37 PM
sorry to hear about your engine misfortune man

Add your comment to this topic!