Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

boost

EgonR
11-27-2005, 05:47 AM
What is a good way to increase your boost without gettin bigger turbos?

drftk1d
11-28-2005, 12:48 PM
boost controller

EgonR
11-29-2005, 05:45 AM
I thought that the boost controller just allowed you to adjust the boost that is actually there. Like instead of the boost on the stock FD being 10-8-10, you can decrease only but not increase. Hmmm. If your right then thanks. Ill do a little bit of searching.

drftk1d
11-29-2005, 08:04 AM
MAKE SURE the reliability mods are done before you even think of upping the boost

because you will turn into another whiny FD owner, "omg my car's in the shop this car is so unreliable blah blah blah"

EgonR
11-29-2005, 09:07 AM
MAKE SURE the reliability mods are done before you even think of upping the boost

because you will turn into another whiny FD owner, "omg my car's in the shop this car is so unreliable blah blah blah"Are you talkin about like injectors, hoses, coolers ... shit like that?

drftk1d
11-29-2005, 10:50 AM
intercooler
radiator
downpipe

EgonR
11-29-2005, 08:27 PM
intercooler
radiator
downpipeWell i have an intercooler kit, BOV, injectors, aluminum radiator sittin here next to me...i guess i needa find out where to get some new vacuum hoses and shit. You know of any good sites?

drftk1d
11-29-2005, 09:08 PM
http://hosetechniques.com/before_after_pictures.tpl?catalog=14830&cart=1133320357560500

EgonR
11-30-2005, 04:37 AM
Yeah def was on that page for like 20 mins and couldnt find anything about a checkout. So I dont know how much it costs. Thanks for the site though

lilskyline240
11-30-2005, 03:13 PM
Yeah def was on that page for like 20 mins and couldnt find anything about a checkout. So I dont know how much it costs. Thanks for the site though

before u decided to up the boost on ur 7, maybe u should sit down and research everything there is to know about ur car.....dont just bolt stuff on and think it will work....go to www.rx7club.com its very helpful on information.....look at all the archived info about FD's before u ask questions.....Cuz chances are, w/e question u are gunna ask, have been asked before.....o yeah, a boost controller can turn ur boost up to w/e u want....it just acts like a wastegate actuator....opening ur wastegate once u hit ur desired boost level....

my 2 cents

FDTT
12-01-2005, 01:57 AM
Sounds to me like you dont know what you are doing. (dont take that the wrong way, i dont think thats a bad thing).

I would not be ding anything to your car what-so-ever untill it has been gone over by somone who knows rotaries.

You need to see what kind of compression you are getting, what boost you are seeing, what vacume you are seeing. Check the ignition system, fuel system, cooling system (which is weak sauce on FD's), exhaust, intake ect ect.

You can up your boost a bit without even tuching a boost controller. Go with some free-er flowing intakes and exhaust, the faster the turbo can spool the sooner the boost and the more gasses it can move the higher the boost will be.
There are ALOT of things that need to be adressed with your car before you go and add more power. After the engine has been gone over with a fine tooth comb, then you need to asses the condition of the drivetrain (gh, clutch, tranny, diff, driveshaft, halfshafts, brakes, ect ect).

If you have questions dont hesitate to post here, there are alot of people who are here to help. If you think its a stupid question go ahead and ask it, chances are somone else is thinking of the same thing as you. Dont worrie about the people who flame you they are just imature and want to see people get all pissed off.

EgonR
12-01-2005, 07:01 AM
before u decided to up the boost on ur 7, maybe u should sit down and research everything there is to know about ur car.....dont just bolt stuff on and think it will work....go to www.rx7club.com (http://www.rx7club.com) its very helpful on information.....look at all the archived info about FD's before u ask questions.....Cuz chances are, w/e question u are gunna ask, have been asked before.....o yeah, a boost controller can turn ur boost up to w/e u want....it just acts like a wastegate actuator....opening ur wastegate once u hit ur desired boost level....

my 2 centsDont think that I havent been researching. I know about the car ... Im asking about upgrades. Not to make that sound rude in any way.

EgonR
12-01-2005, 07:09 AM
Its not that I dont know rotaries. And Im not sayin I know everything. But I have done a bit of research. I have already taken advice of this forum along with other to upgrade certain things before upgrading performance wise. I am takin things slow. I have all the performance parts here but am choosing not to put em on until I find out about the things I need to know. Its cool if ppl bach on me that doesnt matter. If they were here im sure it be a diff story. I do appreciate the help im gettin.

FDTT
12-01-2005, 12:22 PM
Youhave done your reaserch but dont know how to increase the boost level without a bigger turbo?
Time to read all the FAQ's in rx7 forums.

lilskyline240
12-01-2005, 12:26 PM
I aggree FDTT....if u have done ur "research" how dont u nkow that u can up the boost without a bigger turbo....im not doubting ur research...but lookin at 10 second rx7's to see what they are using isnt research....Time to look at all the archived FAQ on rx7club

drftk1d
12-01-2005, 06:14 PM
:banghead:

its says "ADD TO CART" right there...

EgonR
12-01-2005, 08:31 PM
I aggree FDTT....if u have done ur "research" how dont u nkow that u can up the boost without a bigger turbo....im not doubting ur research...but lookin at 10 second rx7's to see what they are using isnt research....Time to look at all the archived FAQ on rx7clubWhy is it that both of you think that I was talkin about research on performance. I was talkin about specification wise. When the turbos kick in and out, when they switch over how much boost they have. Compression times 9:1. Sequential twins water and oil cooled. That Idle speeds are about 750. That the injectors are side-feeding. I mean I could go on with more things Ive read about. Dont get me wrong Im totally not tryin to sound like a rotary master bec I know im not. I mean if i sound like a n00b then maybe thats bec I am. Thats why im on here. So I guess ill leave it at that.

lilskyline240
12-01-2005, 10:45 PM
Why is it that both of you think that I was talkin about research on performance. I was talkin about specification wise. When the turbos kick in and out, when they switch over how much boost they have. Compression times 9:1. Sequential twins water and oil cooled. That Idle speeds are about 750. That the injectors are side-feeding. I mean I could go on with more things Ive read about. Dont get me wrong Im totally not tryin to sound like a rotary master bec I know im not. I mean if i sound like a n00b then maybe thats bec I am. Thats why im on here. So I guess ill leave it at that.

Ok, its good that u know ur car has stuff like this....but do u know how it works and what it does....turbos dont kick in and out...they create boost on exhaust gases...Compression RATIO u mean is 9:1 on the rotors...do u know what sequential means??and waht oil and water cooled means??? knowing ur idle speed dont mean anything. Do u know what side feed injectors do?? or what difference between injectors are...u have started ur research on the car...just look wayyyyy furthur into these specific topics....ive spent prolly 500hrs lookin at stuff before i became comfortable talkin about it with ppl....but i am still a noob when it comes to the rotor....i wont consider myself more educated until i successfully rebuild a rotory motor....which should be in spring....

EgonR
12-02-2005, 06:27 AM
Yes I do know whatl all that shit means. And When I say kick in and kick out im talkin about the RPM level they spool up. Like what boost they have at what RPM. When the turbos switch over. Like from 3500 to 4000 the boost drops from 10 to 8 and from 4000 to 4500 the boost increases back to 10 until about 7250 where is drops off. I do know what all that means but I still admit to not knowin a lot. And I do appreciate the concern.

lilskyline240
12-02-2005, 07:13 AM
Yes I do know whatl all that shit means. And When I say kick in and kick out im talkin about the RPM level they spool up. Like what boost they have at what RPM. When the turbos switch over. Like from 3500 to 4000 the boost drops from 10 to 8 and from 4000 to 4500 the boost increases back to 10 until about 7250 where is drops off. I do know what all that means but I still admit to not knowin a lot. And I do appreciate the concern.

im not concerning about that, i just think u need to keep researching....are u a member at rx7club.com yet?? if not, u should really sign up three cuz thre are a lot of intelligent rotory ppl there.

FDTT
12-02-2005, 12:32 PM
:P I can build full boost at idle :D Crazy me.

lilskyline240
12-02-2005, 12:57 PM
:P I can build full boost at idle :D Crazy me.

How can u do that

FDTT
12-02-2005, 01:37 PM
There are a few way to do it. Some people call it a back fire control system. Basicly you dump in fuel to keep it going. This fuel causes the turbo to constantly be spolled.
If you are running a SS manifold i woudl NEVER run this as it will melt the welds :P

Just wastc a rally car video, those chirp/squeaks are the sound fo the system working. :P
I dont use it often, but its awsome for those civics that think there fast.

PS you make some serious fireballs when using this.

lilskyline240
12-02-2005, 02:09 PM
There are a few way to do it. Some people call it a back fire control system. Basicly you dump in fuel to keep it going. This fuel causes the turbo to constantly be spolled.
If you are running a SS manifold i woudl NEVER run this as it will melt the welds :P

Just wastc a rally car video, those chirp/squeaks are the sound fo the system working. :P

is three a place to buy a setup like this??? it sounds interesting...

FDTT
12-03-2005, 12:23 AM
LOL, well there are places where you can pick these up from. They are honestly only designed for drag racing and rally/extreme driving. The can cause ALOT of problems as well, i got mine for free so i figured what the hell:P

EgonR
12-04-2005, 10:41 AM
:banghead:

its says "ADD TO CART" right there...Im not that stupid. I see that. But it says to the checkout is on the navbar. And its not.

drftk1d
12-06-2005, 07:45 AM
they only ship to US and canada anyway

EgonR
12-06-2005, 07:11 PM
Im in the military and they give us APO addresses. They are pretty much US post addresses. They are there for family members so they dont have to pay an incredible amount of money to send shit overseas.

endeffect0
12-09-2005, 11:35 AM

WOW thats a hell of a system! where can i go to learn more about that like what its called & why it works?

Add your comment to this topic!