Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 lhs trouble codes

peanut77
11-26-2005, 06:44 PM
where is the plug located in a 1995 lhs to pull up the trouble codes. my brother just bought a 1995 lhs and i cant find where to plug in my scanner to pull codes. is it under the dash or in the engine compartment

swanny
11-29-2005, 10:34 PM
On my 94 it is located at the lower edge of the knee bolster just to the right of the steering column, hopefully they didn't move it in one model year. Its not visible by looking, you have to reach on top of the bolster and pull it down to access it. I can also cycle my ignition key to ON, OFF, ON, OFF, ON within 5 seconds and it will flash the trouble codes with the check engine light. It will flash a number of times then a short pause and more flashes this represents a two digit trouble code. The longer pause represents the seperation between two individual codes. A code of 55 will always be the last code representing the end of all stored codes. If you get a code of 21 (which is related to the O2 sensor sending a signal the computer doesn't like) don't go out and spend over $100 dollars right away like I did to replace them. Check to see if your catalytic converter is still good. Mine had broken up and clogged the muffler not allowing the gasses to escape as fast as they should. This caused the gasses to back up and give the O2 sensors a false reading. I just had to cut my muffler and catalytic converter open and clean out the broken chunks of what was left of the guts of my cat. Could have saved over $100 if I would have known this in the first place. Good Luck.

Add your comment to this topic!