Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

92 Buick Skylark owner in need of HELP!!

92SkyLark
11-26-2005, 06:07 PM
Bought car used in January and ran GREAT for 6 months. Car started to stall and after several months of elimination we found it was the ignition switch. Car has been on the road not even a month and now it won't crank over. It started when I was at an intersection. I was yielding and when I proceeded to give it gas I felt it hesitate but it ran a few miles. I was driving up hill and it just lost power. Car had to be towed to my house. Any advice? I am a mom with 2 kids who uses this car everyday. I don't know whatelse to do. I have a friend who is a mechanic but he is at a loss as to what it could be now.

Rogue177
02-23-2006, 02:07 PM
Well, all I can tell you is it may be the throttle position sensor or the fuel pump. I did have this problem with rough idle and stutered running of the engine and when i replaced the throtte position sensor it went away.I'm not sure if that's your problem but it's worth a look into.

Tom_SF
06-19-2006, 10:28 PM
Bought car used in January and ran GREAT for 6 months. Car started to stall and after several months of elimination we found it was the ignition switch. Car has been on the road not even a month and now it won't crank over. It started when I was at an intersection. I was yielding and when I proceeded to give it gas I felt it hesitate but it ran a few miles. I was driving up hill and it just lost power. Car had to be towed to my house. Any advice? I am a mom with 2 kids who uses this car everyday. I don't know whatelse to do. I have a friend who is a mechanic but he is at a loss as to what it could be now.

There was a recall for the ignition switch. You might call a GM dealer's service department and ask them about it. If it's for your car, they'll install a relay free, but they won't replace the ignition switch. (cheapskates....)

Add your comment to this topic!