Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

93 Buick Regal Electrical Problem

sfsteve1
11-25-2005, 08:47 AM
Hi Everyone !

Can anybody offer any advice on a problem that I have? I have a 93 Regal 3.8L and it has a new alternator and battery. The problem I have is that there is no juice going into the battery. I took it to Autozone for free tests and even took off the alternator to have it tested and it passed. I have checked the fuses in all the panels and they are all good. I checked the cables and wiring to the alternator they seem fine. I am just frustrated because I can't figure this out. I have to charge the battery about daily, it's fine until I use the headlights or heater. Then the car will die in about 20 miles. It will get to a point where the amp meter goes down to nothing and it wont stay running. Has anyone run into this problem, or heard of anyone? I would be most grateful for any help. Thank You

dreager
12-30-2005, 05:27 PM
Hi Everyone !

Can anybody offer any advice on a problem that I have? I have a 93 Regal 3.8L and it has a new alternator and battery. The problem I have is that there is no juice going into the battery. I took it to Autozone for free tests and even took off the alternator to have it tested and it passed. I have checked the fuses in all the panels and they are all good. I checked the cables and wiring to the alternator they seem fine. I am just frustrated because I can't figure this out. I have to charge the battery about daily, it's fine until I use the headlights or heater. Then the car will die in about 20 miles. It will get to a point where the amp meter goes down to nothing and it wont stay running. Has anyone run into this problem, or heard of anyone? I would be most grateful for any help. Thank You
You didnt say if battery was tested ?

sfsteve1
12-31-2005, 06:35 AM
You didnt say if battery was tested ?Yes, it is brand new and was tested, also. I've checked all the fuses, all fine. It's got me frustrated I'm thinking maybe a defective wire somewhere thats not allowing any juice back into the battery from the alternator.
Any ideas ?

regal93
02-08-2006, 12:30 PM
Hi Everyone !

I had this same problem with another car and it ended up being a grounding issue. Seems there was a wire that was grounding from an "always hot" contact. Very painstaking to do it yourself. There are some tools to aid in finding a ground problem.

Add your comment to this topic!