Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

name that part!

niemo810
11-25-2005, 12:33 AM
i have a 1994 88 LSS, with the non-supercharged 3800. i was wondering, what is the black, round, clylindrical object with a power cable and 2 hoses coming out if it, located under the right hand side of hood in front of the windshield washer fluid resivoir? i heard some rather loud clicking coming from it that started in the cold weather and i dont know what it is. thanks in advance

-rob

Hansnet
11-30-2005, 01:47 AM
i have a 1994 88 LSS, with the non-supercharged 3800. i was wondering, what is the black, round, clylindrical object with a power cable and 2 hoses coming out if it, located under the right hand side of hood in front of the windshield washer fluid resivoir? i heard some rather loud clicking coming from it that started in the cold weather and i dont know what it is. thanks in advance

-rob

ELC????

does it look like a little air compressor?

if not that it could be the fuel evap canistor...not sure if not one of those what else it could be

niemo810
11-30-2005, 09:20 PM
that's definitely what it is, the fuel evap canister.

now heres another question: what does the fuel evap canister do? and what are some signs that there may be something wrong with it?

thanks for the reply, rob

Add your comment to this topic!