Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

problem with reverse

davo123
11-24-2005, 01:16 PM
Can some one help with this?

car
RC electric Tamiya (TB-02) with 540 eletric engine.

Problem
I just built the car, it runs fine in forward, however when in reverse the car engine shutters causing the entire car to shutter in the same manner. I know its then engine as I've seperated the engine from the vehicle and notice the engine shutters when operating in reverse. I have another spare 540 engines, and have tried setup with both engines and same problem.

I've checked the wires and they appear correct (+ & - etc).

And I know that it is the reverse gear as the ESC cuts power to the reverse function after 8 seconds as its ment to, to protect the engine.

Has anyone had same problem? is reverse suppose to drive differently?. I use ESC (Tomahawk reverse spped controller - over 16 turns - 80amps).

Any suggestions in fixing problem, so reverse acts like forward function.?

raytracer2k2
11-24-2005, 09:12 PM
Can some one help with this?

car
RC electric Tamiya (TB-02) with 540 eletric engine.

Problem
I just built the car, it runs fine in forward, however when in reverse the car engine shutters causing the entire car to shutter in the same manner. I know its then engine as I've seperated the engine from the vehicle and notice the engine shutters when operating in reverse. I have another spare 540 engines, and have tried setup with both engines and same problem.

I've checked the wires and they appear correct (+ & - etc).

And I know that it is the reverse gear as the ESC cuts power to the reverse function after 8 seconds as its ment to, to protect the engine.

Has anyone had same problem? is reverse suppose to drive differently?. I use ESC (Tomahawk reverse spped controller - over 16 turns - 80amps).

Any suggestions in fixing problem, so reverse acts like forward function.?

Maybe your transmitter has abs brake on. Are you using 2pl radio?

davo123
11-25-2005, 08:10 AM
Yeah thats it? I've never used abs, so never knew how it worked, checked transmitter and was set to abs, turned it off and its sweet thanks man for the reply.

Add your comment to this topic!