Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fiesta Stall Problem - Help!

tosh_kerr
11-24-2005, 11:42 AM
Hi, My Ford Fiesta 1.6 Ghia 1995(M) is really getting on my nerves! The car starts fine but when i drive to the end of my road (or the first junction i get to ) it stalls. It used to only stall first thing in the morning and then drive fine for rest of the day. but now whenever i leave it sitting for a while (half a day or so) it starts fine but still stalls at the first junction (or whenver i put the clutch down...traffic lights whatever..) After stalling, the car takes a while to start but when it does it runs fine again until next time.

as you can imagine this gets really annoying after a while! i've cleaned the idle speed control valve and also changed the fuel filter.

can someone please help? before i drive the car off a cliff!!

puggered
11-29-2005, 01:25 PM
Hi, My Ford Fiesta 1.6 Ghia 1995(M) is really getting on my nerves! The car starts fine but when i drive to the end of my road (or the first junction i get to ) it stalls. It used to only stall first thing in the morning and then drive fine for rest of the day. but now whenever i leave it sitting for a while (half a day or so) it starts fine but still stalls at the first junction (or whenver i put the clutch down...traffic lights whatever..) After stalling, the car takes a while to start but when it does it runs fine again until next time.

as you can imagine this gets really annoying after a while! i've cleaned the idle speed control valve and also changed the fuel filter.

can someone please help? before i drive the car off a cliff!!

hi a few things to check and do. have you tried cleaning out the throttle body with something like carb cleaner. carb cleaner is also good to clean out the iscv, make sure it shuttles across you will hear it move when you tap it against the palm of your hand if it does shuttle its working, if it doesnt, its failed. Another thing is check for air leaks like vacuum leaks. A little tip, try wd40 on the things like manifold joins with the engine running remember it will steam and possibly smoke, if the engine running changes, it shows you have a leak, then it just a case of replacing it.
any damage caused i will not be held responsible, if you dont no what you are doing, take it to a garage which does please.

Add your comment to this topic!