gas mileage

robertw24
11-24-2005, 08:07 AM
I am looking at possibly purchasing an uplander. Can you people who have them, and have been driving them share what kind of mileage you are getting?

thanks

AJT1961
11-26-2005, 03:23 AM
We get an average of 21 mpg and are quite pleased overall with the vehicle. I'd buy another one.

Jet Mech
01-14-2006, 03:00 AM
RobertW24,

Hope you are still interested in the Uplander? I have a 2005 Uplander that we have had for almost 11 months now. Been very pleased with the gas milage. Have made several long haul trips with varying loads this past summer, one of which I used a roof top carrier and had the interior cargo capacity maxed out with kids & gear. This excusion I averaged approximatly 22 MPG highway. The other various long range trips resulted in lighter loading of the vehicle and better average highway MPG at 24. With the Uplander's good to excellent highway MPG, and overall fuel capacity, it's range is very good. You will have to stop between fill-ups, rather than base your trip destinations on gas station location(Which was typical of our previous van & SUV). Hope this information helps in your decision. (P.S. City MPG has on average been in the high teens, which is not bad at all for a vehicle this size.)

MDJNE
03-24-2006, 10:01 PM
Can't beat in on gas mileage I average week in and week out 19.8 in town and little interstate I use it for service work and do a lot of house to house, I really like it exept for a few electrical problems, transmission, front struts, hermonic balancer, if they get all the little stuff worked out I would buy another still it is a good fit...

Add your comment to this topic!