Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Best Jetta 4 Making HP and TQ ?

Kuhn
11-23-2005, 08:49 PM
I just totaled my Eclipse and now I'm looking for a Jetta. I'd love to get the TDI, but I've never heard of one much over 200hp and 300ft lbs... Which would be the best if I'm looking for something with some potential for hp? Which could most easily (cost effectively) be modified to make some decent hp? Any and all info would be helpful... feel free to direct me to other threads or pages! Thanks!! :cheers:

Kuhn
11-23-2005, 09:36 PM
Is there a turbo kit for the VR6s? Anybody know what kind of boost the 6cyl might be able to take?I'm sure I could throw something together using some of the stuff I already own...

Kuhn
11-24-2005, 08:59 AM
OK... apparently Kinetic Motorsports doesn't make a turbo kit for the MKIV. Anybody know of a turbo kit made for the MK4 VR6? Thanks!

Giver
12-11-2005, 03:07 PM
If you're looking for people that know their shit about Vdubs then go to www.generationdub.com . Sign up there and say hi and tell people what you're looking for, helpful people there.
As far as your question goes, you'd have to do a customer setup on the VR6 if you wanted to do it right. TDI's are difficult to push past 200hp and 300 tq, with a FMIC, exhaust, BT setup and some juice you'd get good hp out of it, but your torque would be incredible.

Add your comment to this topic!