Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 Stalled...

phebert17
11-23-2005, 07:40 PM
Just bought a 99 Regal today and it stalled when I got home after going to the store! Seemed to be running fine, then I pulled up the driveway and it died. The lights were still on and when I put it in park it started right up. It has 69,000 miles on it and the service engine soon light has been on since I got it...a few hours ago. I'm hoping it just needs a tune up. Please help.

BNaylor
11-23-2005, 11:21 PM
The best thing to do is get it scanned for odb-ii DTC error codes at Autozone or Advanced Auto since you hav a SES light.

flatsixcrazy
11-28-2005, 03:25 PM
Hi,
I had the same problem with my 95 regal 3.8L last month. I was driving normally at 30mph and the engine would just turned off. I had to stop and put the car in park and restart it in the middle of the road. I got the code back as a bad TP sensor. I changed it 600 miles ago and has been without issues until last Wednesday. Same thing happened. It has been 40 miles since the last incidence, so I am keeping my finger cross. I also noticed, when I changed out the TSP, that the tab that keeps the wiring connector from the engine to the TSP secured was broken. my guess is that the vibration of the engine would work the connector loose and hence the problem last wed. Andy

Just bought a 99 Regal today and it stalled when I got home after going to the store! Seemed to be running fine, then I pulled up the driveway and it died. The lights were still on and when I put it in park it started right up. It has 69,000 miles on it and the service engine soon light has been on since I got it...a few hours ago. I'm hoping it just needs a tune up. Please help.

Add your comment to this topic!