Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Millenia Dying...

JenniferR722
11-23-2005, 12:21 PM
I have a 95 Millienia, and all it does is die. When I'm on the highway, when I'm at a stop light, when I'm turning, or just driving on a regular city street. No one can seem to figure out what's wrong with it...
i've had the distributor replaced, the in-take accleration hose replaced,
put water remover in my gas tank (didn't have a gas cap for a while) and it's still dying. I did have a diagnostic ran on it, the EGR came up, Knock Sensor, Distributor (fixed) and Speed/Signal failure....any ideas what it could be?

mazdatech177
11-23-2005, 01:19 PM
did you replace the distributor with an assembly from the dealer? you dont want to use a junkyard or aftermarket part here. if you did though, i would look at the crank position sensor wiring on the area by the drive belts. also ive seen some MAP/BOOST sensor problems causing a stalling concern. its kinda hard to tell from here :) hope that gives you some places to look

JenniferR722
11-23-2005, 01:35 PM
did you replace the distributor with an assembly from the dealer? you dont want to use a junkyard or aftermarket part here. if you did though, i would look at the crank position sensor wiring on the area by the drive belts. also ive seen some MAP/BOOST sensor problems causing a stalling concern. its kinda hard to tell from here :) hope that gives you some places to look

NO no....I got the distributor from Mazda and had my grampa put it on (he races cars...actually races a Mazda Miata...lol and he's 70!!)
I'll have my mechanic take a look at the things you mentioned tho!
Thanks for the help!!! ;o)

Add your comment to this topic!