Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

SALEEN info?

jbizel
11-22-2005, 10:57 PM
I was just wondering if someone knew of any good websites that i could search to find all kinds of info on saleens?

Im not sure if i am correct or not but are there 2 types of saleens? when i look at one like on a web page or something like that some say saleen sc, and others say saleen s281? whats the difference?

Also, are all Saleens supercharged? and how many horses does a bone stock one have?

If anyone can answer any of my questions that would be great and very appreciated. thanks.

Alive9922
11-24-2005, 02:47 PM
No not all Saleens are supercharged, and actually the new ones are a complete ripoff... the base model starts around 45 grand for a 25hp upgrade and a crappy body kit, the most expensive model includes a supercharger that will push the car to 500hp and that cost 55 grand. If you are intrested wait for the new Shelby to come out where you will get a sexy car with 475hp for 40-45 grand.

6speed
02-15-2006, 02:47 PM
just so your not misinformed badly here goes:
the latest generation of saleen mustangs has 3 types:
the s281 features a body kit for aerodynamic improvements and styling, 20" wheels, a ecu reflash, lowered suspension (they are now using coilovers), a k&n filter, underdrive pullies, a catback exhaust, and a short shifter
the s281sc (supercharged) has all the same as above with the addition of the blower obviously. at low boost levels its making 435hp. the hood is also changed and i believe the rear wing is then added.
the s281 extreme will be out next year has 550hp, a six speed, built rear end and upgraded braking.

all cars of course have the option of upgrading things such as larger brakes, glass roof, etc

www.saleen.com saleen's site is about as good as any to dig up info on the new lineup

Add your comment to this topic!