rsx-s +turbo kit

defiancy
11-22-2005, 09:18 PM
Okay I did a brief search and found some limited information but not exactly what I was looking for. Keep in mind please that your explanations have to be pretty simplified if talking honda specifc. I am a dsm guy and I am trying to find this info out for my friend because I'm trying to give his Acura some go. haha.

Anyway.

So My friend has an 02 RSX-S with basic mods rims/tires, exhaust, intake. Now we are about to purchase a turbo kit for his car and install it. I have a few questions in this group. Please forgive me if they have been answered eight million times before. As I said the search did not answer so much.

1. What is a definate safe number on boost psi, for stock internals. Also I heard that with a fuel return line you can run 10psi. I don't quite understand fuel return line or what is meant by that. Can someone explain that to me, or give me a link explaining that?

2. Stock internals. We were looking at replacing the stock internals later down the road, not much later. What would you recommend replacing the stock pistons and rods with. Ie, what type/manufacturer so that you can use almost full boost? And how much does something like this cost?

3. We are going to purchase a Rev-hard turbo kit. I don't see a boost controller included with that? Is that something we are going to have to purchase outside of the kit, along with a boost guage? Here is a link for the kit, it's the third one down.
http://www.turbo-kits.com/rsx_turbo_kits.html
Anyone installed this kit or had problems/experiences with it? Any tips on the install?

4. Also besides the kit and internals, what other upgrades are good to do for maximum performance out of this kit? Fuel pump and what not?

5. The Ecu flash, will that be good enough to run the kit or should we purchase a SAFC or some other program?

I think that's about it, hope it's not to much. Thanks in advance for your responses.

superbluecivicsi
11-22-2005, 11:27 PM
http://www.beesandgoats.com/boostfaq/g2icturbo.html

though its application is specifically towards b series. the concepts are the same as with the DSMs, B series, D series, H series, F series, and K series.

as with the DSMs and Hondas, the stand alone engine management is the way to go. Concerning the K20a2 specifically........................there are thousands of hondata K-PRO users out here.

civickiller
11-23-2005, 05:35 AM
yup use hondata k pro and have it reflashed. the thing that sucks with the k series is that it doesnt have a return line.

defiancy
11-23-2005, 04:34 PM
I do appreciate these responses, but in the short end they only answer one of a few questions. So I have gathered that hondata k is the way to go, but I don't quite understand about the return feed line. I asked about it because I didn't understand what someone was talking about when they were talking about it. Don't take me as coming off as an asshole or anything I'm just trying to understand.

mazdatekchubyninja
11-23-2005, 05:07 PM
hey hondata has came out with k100 which is about half the price of kpro. kpro go for about $1000 and k100 about $500. kpro you can tune yourself and k100 only a certified tuner can gain access. they release k100 because people were blowing up motorss. you will have to go with larger injectors sense you can't control the fuel pressure with fmu/fuel pressure regulator since you don't have a fuel return line. check out cybernation they have great kit for the rsx which put out the most power that i have seen. 10psi is questionable but i think you can with proper tuning.

mazdatech177
11-24-2005, 12:51 AM
chubbyninja!!! think goldfish...

Add your comment to this topic!