Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Looking for a reccomendation...

73superduty
11-22-2005, 12:05 AM
I found a 2005 Lamborghini Gallardo that I fell in love with.
Perfect color and wheels (my secret).
Anyway, I was wondering what the best Gallardo kit out their is. I know it boils down to Fujimi.
I'm hoping someone who has built a few or has one can fill me in to make the best decision. Wheels are somewhat important, but I can improvise if need be.
Thanks!
Chris

proosen
11-22-2005, 12:34 AM
Hop in to the Completed and In-Progress Projects - Street and Show side and search for Gallardo. I did and it gave me 45 threads about/with the Lambo your asking about.
I'm sure it'll give you plenty of inspiration on your build.

Good luck!
Niclas

RallyRaider
11-22-2005, 02:28 AM
I believe all the Fujimi kits are essentially the same, and there is no other option. Differences are things like clear engine cover and e-gear, but most of the kits have most of those bits regardless. If you like PE emblems then the Deluxe kit is the best, it's the one I bought.

As far as wheels are concerned, again all come with the standard Gallardo wheels. You'll have to try the aftermarket for any variety there.

A good resource for checking kit instructions and part details is Hobby Search (http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/plamo/).

ZoomZoomMX-5
11-22-2005, 08:08 AM
Take a look at the latest version, the Sportec Gallardo. It has a sweet set of 19's, and complete versions of both engine covers. If you detail the engine compartment (it takes simple detailing very nicely), then you'll want the clear cover. Look for CADguy's latest Gallardo in green/black, it's a factory-style two-tone that looks great. If I hadn't already built a Gallardo, I'd certainly get the Sportec and paint it two-tone like Matt did. All other Gallardos have stock rims, that are very well executed. It's a great kit. If you like stock rims, get the "e-gear" version, as it has both consoles and both sets of engine covers.

CADguy
11-22-2005, 08:23 AM
Get the E-gear kit. It can be built with the standard or e-gear shifter, and it has all the parts for the solid and clear engine hoods. The Gallardo on the box is orange.

RallyRaider
11-22-2005, 02:43 PM
Man, I hadn't seen the Sportec kit before. That's definitely the one to get! :)
http://www.1999.co.jp/asp/GoodsDetails_e.asp?Bno=&Typ1_c=102&Typ2_c=106&Typ3_c=439&SPage=1&SC=4&SN=Search+result+Search+for+%3A+gallardo&It_c=10045525&andor=0&scope=0&scope2=0&thumb=1&sortID=1&urikire=1&sort_sort=0&ItKey=gallardo&app_url=KeyReference_right_e.asp

73superduty
11-22-2005, 04:33 PM
Thanks proosen, I did do the search in the completed forums, but a lot of the kits that were used for the builds weren't mentioned. Hence my question here.
Here is the car in question:
http://photos.highlineauctions.com/h/100-20050907110705/372/001.jpg

I've already contacted Cobra Colors about that particular color. Looks like January will be my start date.
I checked out HLJ.com for pictures as well.
My main objective here was opinions from folks who built them and could give me insight on the kits.
The Gallardo pictured is basically stock. So I want the kit that has those wheels (stock?) and it appears that this car has a clear engine cover, well at least in the pics I see the engine through the glass of this particular car.
After checking HLJ I narrowed it down to the DX version and the MY05 version.
Now, what do you guys think?
Thanks for the input everyone, I do appreciate it.
Chris

Cobra Colors
11-23-2005, 07:22 AM
I'll have that white pearl tricoat finish available no later than January 3rd.

Add your comment to this topic!