Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

91 Park Ave running rough

dsponholz
11-21-2005, 11:52 PM
To start: No error codes
Car now has 300000+ kms on it
Running flawlessly untill thursday
Start car up on thursday and engine is running rough. Shut car off and start again. Still running rough. Put into drive and car has almost zero acceleration. Thinking it was a fuel problem I took it to the gas station and filled tank with premium and made it home. I changed the oil, air filter, fuel filter, plugs and wires, and it is still doing the same thing. It was about 15km home on the freeway and it will go fast, but it takes a considerable amount of time to get there. Once I got home I garaged it, and the emmisions dont smell right, it almost smells like unburned fuel.

I did some tinkering with it tonight just reseating all electronic connections and same results. But one change, car now stalls when wheels are turned all the way to either side when at idle. (new power steering pump 4 months ago) Car still gets really rough when in gear. I have no idea what else to do with it, and since Im new to the city I dont know/trust any mechanics.

Any input would be greatly appreciated because I need to get this thing up and running.

wrightz28
11-22-2005, 09:28 AM
Since you mention no codes I would be led to think a restricted exhaust.

One slight other possibility, a bad fuel pressure regulator, causing a vacuum leak, hence the rough running and fuel smell. Pull the vacuum hose off of it and see if there is any signs of gas in it.

Loekee75
11-22-2005, 11:40 AM
check for a code, not all of them will light up the "check engine" light. check your vapor canister (might have to do with fuel smell) and lastly change your PCV valve, if its clogged it can lead to bad engine idle/ performance as well.

dsponholz
11-24-2005, 05:39 PM
changed the PCV valve and the O2 sensor, cant find the vapor canister, where abouts is it located on the engine? going out right now to fight with vacuum

dsponholz
11-24-2005, 08:17 PM
got it its the ignition coil/module

Add your comment to this topic!