Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'94 J30 Sunroof won't fully close

rljt60
11-21-2005, 04:48 PM
Earlier, I tried the sunroof but did not open it all the way. It closed fine. The vent opened and closed fine. Today I operated the vent and it closed fine. Then I opened the roof all the way just fine. Then when i tried to close the roof it stopped about six inches shy of full closure when viewed from the top. The motor just stops. Continued activation of the switch gives a single click each time but the motor does not activate. Pulling and pushing does not help. There is nothing in the tracks and I do not see where anything is jamming between the roof and the sliding panel.

Is there a sensor/relay somewhere in that system that shuts off the motor if it senses an obstruction or blockage?

Also, do any of you have electrical schematics you'd care to share on the '94 J30. Although the Inifiniti.com site has a link to Chilton's for manuals neither Haynes or Chiltons publishes a manual as far as I can tell. Or, is there a Nissan manual that will suffice?
Many thanks for your help guys and gals... Bill

j23flight
11-21-2005, 07:28 PM
Earlier, I tried the sunroof but did not open it all the way. It closed fine. The vent opened and closed fine. Today I operated the vent and it closed fine. Then I opened the roof all the way just fine. Then when i tried to close the roof it stopped about six inches shy of full closure when viewed from the top. The motor just stops. Continued activation of the switch gives a single click each time but the motor does not activate. Pulling and pushing does not help. There is nothing in the tracks and I do not see where anything is jamming between the roof and the sliding panel.

Is there a sensor/relay somewhere in that system that shuts off the motor if it senses an obstruction or blockage?

Also, do any of you have electrical schematics you'd care to share on the '94 J30. Although the Inifiniti.com site has a link to Chilton's for manuals neither Haynes or Chiltons publishes a manual as far as I can tell. Or, is there a Nissan manual that will suffice?
Many thanks for your help guys and gals... Bill
well bill i can tell you.good news and bad.good first.log on too www.infinitij30.com and click on links there will be link too fuzzycats.com there he explains how to fix sunroof in detail.i think its under DIY .BAD NEWS BILL THAH IN begining your motor had to be adjustet there is a screw on top of it.but buy you playing with it sounds like you striped the teeh on the spaket.apologies for spelling.and you cannot buy just sproket you have to buy whole motor and its a bit expencive. how do i know all of this i had same problem my self. many infiniti's have this problem. hope i shined some light ok man,vlad.

rljt60
11-22-2005, 09:29 AM
Many thanks for the input ... I found the sites and they are quite informative ... I'll let you know what I find .. Bill

Add your comment to this topic!