Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Where is my horn under the hood?

fixruprTBird
11-21-2005, 04:22 PM
I have a 95 Tacoma 2.7 and the horn makes my truck sound like a stupid Geo Metro. I've got a new lower and more powerful electric horn but can't seem to find where it's located underneath the hood. When I bought it the idiot ripped off parts of the alarm system and there is a horn mounted right under the wipers under the hood on the passenger side so I just assumed that this was the only horn, but after inspection the two wires to it were clipped by the seller so it must have been only for the alarm. Please advise...

TacomaPilot
11-21-2005, 04:51 PM
On my 2002 Tacoma I have 2 horns mounted in front of the radiator, but behind the front grill towards the top. Odd place. I also have a set of better horns I would like to install, but I'm not sure which is the horn wire to tap into.

paulmeister
11-21-2005, 06:50 PM
there should be one wire going to each of the horns. the horns use the body for the ground. so you can unplug one and tap the other. its very simple.

TacomaPilot
11-21-2005, 11:18 PM
there should be one wire going to each of the horns. the horns use the body for the ground. so you can unplug one and tap the other. its very simple.

My problem is I can't see the wires. They appear to be a part of a bundle of wires that come from the front area. I think some of the wires are for lights. I'm no expert on electrical and finding the right wire, so until I'm sure, I'd rather just leave it alone.

Add your comment to this topic!