Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

what makes rb's so good??

rubin_bc
11-21-2005, 04:20 PM
always been a fan of skylines and always wondered why the rb26 engine was so strong to be able to withstand over 1000hp with stock internals. i guess same question goes for supras.

can the rb20 out of the gts, if it had the same quality pistons and rods, make the same hp number?

basically im asking what makes the block so strong? is it just simply more metal in crucial areas of the block or do these engines have some kind of technology not found in most other stock engines.

SkylineUSA
11-22-2005, 12:18 AM
1000hp on stock internals, more like 600hp. The block if preped right and tuned right can handle 1000hp, but its only a matter of time before it lets go.

The crank is pretty deep inside the block, that is the secret. It keeps everything in place, plus the engine is pretty darn heavy, so its a very stout block to boot.

I do not mess with RB20s, so I cannot answer that part of the question.

rubin_bc
11-24-2005, 01:04 AM
1000hp on stock internals, more like 600hp. The block if preped right and tuned right can handle 1000hp, but its only a matter of time before it lets go.

The crank is pretty deep inside the block, that is the secret. It keeps everything in place, plus the engine is pretty darn heavy, so its a very stout block to boot.

I do not mess with RB20s, so I cannot answer that part of the question.

600hp?? what about the 2jz? every source i've heard from has said that the rb26dett motor is capable of more then a 1000 and the 2jz slightly less but still very high. now i know that the fuel sys, comp and turbo will need to be upgraded, as well as intake n exhaust obviously. i mean the pistons, rods, crank and the block itself can withstand the pressures.

what kind of internals does it come with stock? what about other rb's

sorry about the questions, i am just really fascinated by these cars and want to know more

PS: is that your stang there? what u got in it?

SkylineUSA
11-30-2005, 12:20 AM
Trust me the stock rods, crank, and pistons will not handle 1000hp. A seasoned block will, but it still going to push the limit of that as well.

I sold my Stang a few months ago, it had an S-Trim @ 13lbs. It was a pretty quick car, only problem is I hate the interior, so it had to go, so I can build the car that is in my sig.

rubin_bc
12-05-2005, 12:27 PM
Trust me the stock rods, crank, and pistons will not handle 1000hp. A seasoned block will, but it still going to push the limit of that as well.

I sold my Stang a few months ago, it had an S-Trim @ 13lbs. It was a pretty quick car, only problem is I hate the interior, so it had to go, so I can build the car that is in my sig.

u hate the interior?? so u dont like blocks and squares? wierd... jk :iceslolan

my buddy's got a 95 with an s-trim @stock boost, i think like 6-8psi and its fast so i can imgine what 13psi would do

enderknight
12-05-2005, 08:00 PM
u hate the interior?? so u dont like blocks and squares? wierd... jk :iceslolan

my buddy's got a 95 with an s-trim @stock boost, i think like 6-8psi and its fast so i can imgine what 13psi would do

I always wanted to know what advantages the RB26 has against other cars like Supras' and RX7s'.

tyndago
12-06-2005, 06:05 PM
You wont do 1000 hp on stock internals on any motor for too long. Any normal type motor.... especially a 2.6 liter or 3.0 liter motor. Do the math, figure out hp per liter or cubic inch.

The RB will do 600 on stock internals. It will do 500 at the motor under race conditions with stock internals.

I have done 700 wheel and I know of a few other cars that have done over 700 wheel on stock internals, but they all eventually break.

rubin_bc
12-09-2005, 10:17 PM
You wont do 1000 hp on stock internals on any motor for too long. Any normal type motor.... especially a 2.6 liter or 3.0 liter motor. Do the math, figure out hp per liter or cubic inch.

The RB will do 600 on stock internals. It will do 500 at the motor under race conditions with stock internals.

I have done 700 wheel and I know of a few other cars that have done over 700 wheel on stock internals, but they all eventually break.

i guess your right, i just assumed that the rb was the motor god, but guess not, otherwise the top fuel dragsters would use it instead of big block mopars

u shud swap a mopar v8 in ur skyline :) jk

SkylineUSA
12-09-2005, 11:58 PM
I am using a V8, cheaper and more power.

Add your comment to this topic!