Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Smart Locks

numskull99
11-21-2005, 03:06 PM
I was just issued a new 2006 CVPI, it has smart locks on it. If the car is running and you have a door open you have to manually lock the door. If you try to use the button to lock all the doors, it will unlock all the doors. It is intended to keep you from locking your keys in the car. Does anyone know of a way to shut this off??

thanx,

way2old
11-21-2005, 06:15 PM
If the owners manual is in it, it may tell you how to do it. If not, I will look at the shop on Tuesday in the service manual and post procedure.

ModMech
11-22-2005, 10:27 AM
Dealerships CAN (as in are physically capeable of) disable this most annoying POS feature.

My new Freestar WILL have it disabled as soon as I fond a dealership willing to do it.

radioman2002
11-22-2005, 01:19 PM
Yes it is in the owners manual on how to disable it. But I believe it's only on a one time basis. My wife's 2005 Five Hundred has it, and I did disable it, when I left her and my son in the car while I ran an errand. I am not a big fan of leaving a car running with or without someone in and not have it locked.

numskull99
11-23-2005, 12:07 AM
Yes it is in the owners manual on how to disable it.
Maybe I'm blind, I have the manual and cant find it anywhere in it. The only thing i can find on it is in security it describes what it is. If you have a page # or could post how to do it, I would be greatful.

Add your comment to this topic!