Page updated on 08-18-2018

Driver side Seat problems

Markash
11-21-2005, 02:47 PM
I have a 94 850 wagon with power seats. The driver's side seat is stuck in a severe recline position that makes it hard to drive, I feel like I'm laying down while driving!!
Question is, is there a manual way to adjust the seat to a more upright position, or is it power only?
Any advice is appreciated, I put a lot of business miles on and it's getting old holding myself upright on long trips!!

rbroy
11-30-2005, 07:59 PM
I have a 94 850 wagon with power seats. The driver's side seat is stuck in a severe recline position that makes it hard to drive, I feel like I'm laying down while driving!!
Question is, is there a manual way to adjust the seat to a more upright position, or is it power only?
Any advice is appreciated, I put a lot of business miles on and it's getting old holding myself upright on long trips!!

If you come up with the solution I would like to know, I have the same problem...

Markash
12-06-2005, 02:00 PM
I taliked to my mechanic about this and he told me that the problem is most likely stripped gears on the recliner motor and it would be $400-$500 to replace the motor. The only other option he told me about would be to open up the seat, get the seat back to the position I prefer and weld it in place, would be about a $100 fix.

Not sure what I want to do now...

TheMan5952
02-22-2006, 11:01 PM
also sometimes if the seat has reclined all the way back there is a cable that can break causing the seat to be stuck.

STORM20i
12-31-2006, 04:29 PM
I have the same problem. My seat lever that moves it up and down only moves down but not up. So what i did is just use the preset buttons to move the seat back to whats preset. try it out if you have your seat preset.

Add your comment to this topic!