Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

security vats lock out.

bjstorm69
11-19-2005, 08:25 PM
I lost my keys(i know, stupid rings a bell) and installed a new cylinder and key. I had to try many combinations to get the right resistor value. The car runs, but no radio, information center, and not hvac. If i simply plug in a tech 2 (not even turning it on), everything works. What do I do to reset whatever needs to be resent.
thanks

3-pontiacs
02-01-2006, 08:22 PM
[quote=bjstorm69] hey how are you i am new to the site but i have a question. i just bought a 92 ssei with no keys . it is a stolen recovery . so how did u find th risitance of your car cause i bought a after market key and tumbler did not work . can you help me. thanks

randman1
02-09-2006, 05:57 PM
I lost my keys(i know, stupid rings a bell) and installed a new cylinder and key. I had to try many combinations to get the right resistor value. The car runs, but no radio, information center, and not hvac. If i simply plug in a tech 2 (not even turning it on), everything works. What do I do to reset whatever needs to be resent.
thanks

Geeeeze... that's odd. What year car and is the climate control electronic or manual? I'd like to take a look in the service manuals to find out what's common. Almost sounds like a circuit is being completed through the OBD connector but I've never heard of such a thing.

DaPhattsta
02-21-2006, 09:31 PM
Usually if you leave the key in the on position for about 10 mins the computer will reset and you should be able to start the car. After the 10 mins make sure you shut the car off before you try to start it but it should reset. Im not sure if the same goes for a new ignition. There is also a way to bypass the vats completly if it's not something you definetly need. If its something you might want to know let me know.

Add your comment to this topic!