Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

engine control module

kingbrenthayes
11-19-2005, 04:41 PM
i have a 1994 deville concours and i have never had problems with it till yesterday i was driving and my service engine soon light started flashing then my car died. now when i start it it will stay running but the idle goes up and down and it is a lil rough going into reverse or drive and it read traction control disabled. someone told me that i needed to get my ECM engine control module recalibrated and i was just curious if any one else has had this problem or heard of ant thing like this thank you

maxwedge
11-19-2005, 07:06 PM
You can use on board diagnostics to get the code. Go to caddyinfo.com to get the procedure and post back the code/s.

DFBonnett
11-20-2005, 01:19 PM
To get the codes, turn the key to the ON position. Simultaneously press and hold down the OFF and WARMER buttons on the climate control. Watch the display. When the readout starts let go of the buttons and write down the codes. They come up quickly so you may have to repeat if there are a few.
As maxwedge suggests, post them here or look them up here...

http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/dtcobd1.html

FWIW
YMMV

kingbrenthayes
11-20-2005, 03:46 PM
T072 .................................................. ...... Serial Data Link Fault
I034 ........................................ Loss of Powertrain Control Module Data

these are the only two codes that read current i was curious if u knew whether or not these codes ould be what is causing my car to act up and if they are would you happen to have a ballpark on what it would cost to have them fixed i appreciate all the advise i think u have saved me alot of money already.

maxwedge
11-20-2005, 05:41 PM
These codes have to do with pcm issues, you will need a pro here to check this out with a full scanner and the know how to go thru the diagnostics here.

kingbrenthayes
11-20-2005, 07:12 PM
would those two codes make my car act up like it is

DFBonnett
11-20-2005, 08:33 PM
would those two codes make my car act up like it is

I think your next move should be to clean all battery connections, including grounds, then check the connections to the computer which is probably behind the glove compartment if it's like mine. You might want to unplug and replug those connections to verify their integrity.
As maxwedge stated, this appears to be an electrical/PCM issue.
It is possible the PCM has gone bad but it is more likely to be a bad connection there.

kingbrenthayes
11-22-2005, 07:08 PM
I032 .................................................. ........ Loss of ABS/TCS Data
I033 ................................ Loss of Supplemental Inflatable Restraint Data
I034 ........................................ Loss of Powertrain Control Module Data
I037 ...................................... Loss of Air Conditioning Programmer Data
I039 .......................................... Loss of Road Sensing Suspension Data

1994 deville concours 4.6L northstar Does the comp need to be replaced?

Report Post | IP: Logged

kingbrenthayes
11-22-2005, 07:10 PM
where r the connections to the pcm on a 4.6 i cant seem to find them

DFBonnett
11-23-2005, 07:56 AM
where r the connections to the pcm on a 4.6 i cant seem to find them

PCM is probably behind the glove compartment. You'll see various wiring harnesses plugged into it. Verify that they are tight.

D&R AUTO
09-19-2006, 10:57 PM
kingbrenthayes, did you ever get this vehicle fixed? I have the same issue.

Add your comment to this topic!