Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 cooling system noise

smokey2
11-19-2005, 02:33 PM
My 2001 Q will rattle the heater hoses at times when the RPM is at 3400 and above. it is heard in the cabin as a clicking noise

FixUrNissan
11-20-2005, 10:52 PM
My 2001 Q will rattle the heater hoses at times when the RPM is at 3400 and above. it is heard in the cabin as a clicking noise

You could have sir traped in your cooling system witch is causing that. Nissans are tricky to bleed . i recommed taking it to someone who can bleed the sir out.. or if you want to try your self ..be carful..

With vech be cold.. take radator cap off. The front end of your vech has to be raised up . Find some kinda bottle to fit on top of radator to fill and watch fliud for bubbles.. start vech .. get to norm operating temp. rev slow and steady and look for bubbles.. if you start getting constain bubbles that never stop ...you may have more wrong that you think..... Never the less.. if you bubles stop.. so should your noise..GL

FixUrNissan
11-20-2005, 10:53 PM
You could have sir traped in your cooling system witch is causing that. Nissans are tricky to bleed . i recommed taking it to someone who can bleed the sir out.. or if you want to try your self ..be carful..

With vech be cold.. take radator cap off. The front end of your vech has to be raised up . Find some kinda bottle to fit on top of radator to fill and watch fliud for bubbles.. start vech .. get to norm operating temp. rev slow and steady and look for bubbles.. if you start getting constain bubbles that never stop ...you may have more wrong that you think..... Never the less.. if you bubles stop.. so should your noise..GL

OOPS.. TYPE "O".. I ment to type "Air"

smokey2
11-21-2005, 11:39 AM

thanks I have tried that one time and it did seem to make a slight improvment, will try again with the front of the vehicle lifted some.

Add your comment to this topic!