Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

defogger problems

tigerdevil
11-19-2005, 11:40 AM
i have a 92 RS with a 3.1. I try to turn on my rear defogger and it doesnt work. The little light saying that i turned it on comes on, but that is it, nothing else happens. After a little while that little light shuts off by its-self too. Any one know what the problem could be??? My window is getting frosted and it's hard for me to see or backup...

Thanks anyone in advanced for the help.

CamarosRsweet94
11-19-2005, 01:35 PM
There is a problem between the switch and the defroster in the window, maybe a broken wire or something. That's all I can tell you about it.

CamaroRS92
11-22-2005, 07:10 AM
First thing i would check is the wiring connections to the rear hatch itself.
On the gas support struts are where the connection terminals are located. Unplug each of the 4 (located at each end of the struts on R & L hand side) and be sure there isn't any corrosion (if so scrape it clean) and check for tight fitting terminal connectors, burnt wires ect.

Also, another important thing to consider , if you have had the rear hatch tinted - some of these guys that do window tinting just dont give a shit about your car and will actually trim the tint to fit after it is installed (or as a dry fit prior to installing) and will literally cut or scrape a very thin line thru every defroster element on the hatch with a razor blade. This renders it completely inoperative. If this has happened - you will have to trim the tint back away from the cut spot and repair it. GM has a defroster repair kit available just for this purpose.

J.Cutta
11-23-2005, 06:46 AM
Another way to get that window fog free is to turn on the heat.

Add your comment to this topic!