Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Colony Ford, Brampton, Ontario, Canada

MagicRat
11-18-2005, 09:43 PM
Afriend of mine recently leased a new Ford from this dealership.
Everything went well, until the end.
He got the car he wanted, at a good price, agreed on lease terms and was approved.
The car would be ready for pick up in a couple of days.

Five hours before he was to pick up the car, the lease manager calls him and says there is a problem...........now he only qualified for a lease ONLY IF he took the Payment Protector insurance at an additional $20 per month.
He said no payment insurance= no lease= no car.

Now my friend had been approved days earlier, so this appeared to him to be an obvious high pressure sales tactic
He threw a fit and said why was this only coming up now (and not days earlier, when he was approved), since he had already returned his previous leased car and needed the new car for transport.
Sensing this was a cash grab, he told the dealer to keep the car and the deal was off. The lease manager eventually back tracked, saying the payment insurance was not manditory, but only recommended.
My friend asked how it could go from required to recommended in 5 minutes...............and did not get a satisfactory answer.

So....beware of the scare tactics. IMO this dealer gets a big thumbs-down fro such a sleazy manoever.

Add your comment to this topic!