Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Pages : [1] 2

Saleen85
11-18-2005, 08:30 PM
So .. anyone else get this? I really enjoy it. Running from the cops is the best aspect they brought back. And having the whole city to run in, obstacles to knock over/down in the pursuing cops path, and hiding places once they lose sight of you, make it worthwhile.

Also, I like the fact how your reputation is based on your racing skills. All the body kits, and appearance mods are there to reduce your heat level (re: wanted level) on your car. Change the body kit, wing, paint, rims, and they are looking for the wrong car. Course, it doesn't take long to get them chasing you again. And they will chase you, no matter what you are doing, racing, cruising, whatever. If you have warrants, they want to stop you ;)

The sounds are more realistic, the damage model is basic paint scraping. Physics are slightly better than most of the NFS games, but you can do some nice drifting. You can also back away from a police roadblock and do some nice highspeed j-turns, once you get the hang of it.

Rob

SniperX13
11-19-2005, 10:21 AM
Sounds very interesting. I might have to just pick it up once it drops into the mid 30's in price range. I am not to keen on dropping 60 bucks on a video game.

Any screenshots to pass on of your high speed chases and body damage?

Saleen85
11-19-2005, 02:18 PM
Sounds very interesting. I might have to just pick it up once it drops into the mid 30's in price range. I am not to keen on dropping 60 bucks on a video game.

Any screenshots to pass on of your high speed chases and body damage?

Body damage is typical of the NFS series, cracked/broken windshields, and paint scraped off the body. Other than that, there is no physical evidence like broken body panels, or the car driving like it's broken.

As for the high speed chases, you really have to work to evade the cops. Then, once you lose them, you have to stay out of sight for almost a minute, if they spot you again, the chase is on again. They have really good tactics, but it's not hard to lose them, if there is only one or two behind you. I've had up to 15 involved at a time. They employ rolling roadblocks, barricades, spike strips, pit manuevers. The only downside is, they talk about it over the CB, and you can hear what they are trying to do.

And I don't have any screen shots, I'm too busy playing :)

Rob

Hobbes
11-19-2005, 11:49 PM
Damn, now I really really want this game...

G-man422
11-20-2005, 02:09 PM
Yeah, this game is off the chain! i got it wednesday, and im already 53% done w/ it. the cars are very nice( lambo, porsche, aston martin). i also love the fact they brought back the po-po to chase you. i would give this game a 9 out of 10.

XeVeNskyLiNE
11-21-2005, 05:05 PM
Best NFS ever. I'm #3 on the blacklist now with a Supra, Gallardo, and Mercialago. The cars sound amazing, the Supra sounds really deep like real life one, and Lambos sound exotic, just the way they should. Don't even get me started on the police chases. What can I say, if 17 police GTO's chasing you at one time isn't exciting enough, go jump off a bridge. I'd give it a 9-10 just because I woulda liked a bit more cars or rather some cars removed and replaced by others.

bowtie93
11-21-2005, 06:00 PM
does it have just exotic cars or does it have imports and domestics too?

Whumbachumba
11-21-2005, 06:12 PM

It has all three. Imports, Domestics, and Exotics. They even have the Ford GT! Just wish you could do better paint schemes, but after looking through the vinyls, you might be able to pull of the GULF GT40 look. :iceslolan Just need to get that far in the game now.

Saleen85
11-21-2005, 06:13 PM

There is 32 cars in the game. If you get the black edition, you get some extra cars, along with some extra tracks.

I am currently #10 on the blacklist, I have a Poopra, Mustang GT, and a Cayman S. I like the fact that you don't have to have a highly modded car to do the regular races. You need something to keep up with the blacklist cars, but other than that, you can race a stock Cobalt SS on the regular races, and keep up and win. I love the police chases. I spend more time baiting and running from the cops. It gets a bit hairy when they start ramming you from the front.

I already did the Challenge 69 race, where you have to get a bounty of $500,000 to complete the challenge, then evade. You get to use a Camaro SS, and you are using Supercharged Heavy SUV's.

That is only in the black edition, though.

I have to moderate time with my roommate. He is at Blacklist #11. He's a non-driving fool, though.

Rob

XeVeNskyLiNE
11-21-2005, 11:01 PM
Poopra? Man I used that car for the longest, like until I could fully mod my Mercialago which you gotta beat #3 to unlock I think. Wait to you guys finally beat Razor, the most intense shit ever insues. Won't ruin it for you guys but I'll just say that I hope yall can buck off a few cops :wink:

Saleen85
11-21-2005, 11:13 PM
Yea, it seems to have some good potential. I have the Mustang to do the other races. With just handling mods, it outruns the other competitors. And I have the Cayman S for when the Supra gets too hot under the heels. That might be awhile, though. They are currently after the Mustang. 140K cost to state with one chase on that bad boy.

Rob

alphalanos
11-21-2005, 11:19 PM
so its worth buying? what kind of mods can you do? i almost got it the other day but i was like $60.....eh.

XeVeNskyLiNE
11-22-2005, 01:14 PM
I think its worth buying. The cop chases alone should up the replay value. While we're on the topic of those chases...

I HATE those Police SUVs.

Everytime I get hit by one I start cussin like a sailor.

That is all.

Saleen85
11-22-2005, 07:51 PM
I think its worth buying. The cop chases alone should up the replay value. While we're on the topic of those chases...

I HATE those Police SUVs.

Everytime I get hit by one I start cussin like a sailor.

That is all.

Yea, when you're doing 160-180mph, they come out of nowhere. I had quite a few close calls last night, the only reason I got by, is because I was changing direction already, and they overshot.

Rob

Zachp911
11-22-2005, 08:23 PM
Here is the list of cars:

Aston Martin DB9
Audi A3 3.2 Quattro
Audi A4 3.2 FSI Quattro
Audi TT 3.2 V6 Quattro
BMW M3 GTR (race)
BMW M3 GTR (street)
Caddilac CTS
Chevrolet Cobalt SS
Chevrolet Corvette C6
Chevrolet Corvette C6-R
Dodge Viper SRT-10
Fiat Grande Punto
Ford GT
Ford Mustang GT
Lamborghini Gallardo
Lamborghini Murcielago
Lexus IS300
Lotus Elise
Mazda RX-7
Mazda RX-8
McLaren Mercedes-Benz SLR
Mercedes-Benz CLK-500
Mercedes-Benz SL500
Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG
Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Pontiac GTO
Porsche 911 Carrera S
Porsche 911 GT2
Porsche 911 Turbo S
Porsche Carrera GT
Porsche Cayman S
Renault Clio V6
Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Toyota Supra
Vauxhall Monaro VXR
Volkswagen Golf GTI (mk5)

G-man422
11-23-2005, 01:10 PM
i hate those SUVs also, but wait till you are at "code 5" when the police are chasing you. You're going to want to just kill someone.

Saleen85
11-23-2005, 03:36 PM
i hate those SUVs also, but wait till you are at "code 5" when the police are chasing you. You're going to want to just kill someone.

Yea, if you got the Black edition, there is a challenge, #69 that you have to get $500,000 bounty in. You start at Code 5. It took me a few tries. They pin you pretty good.

Rob

XeVeNskyLiNE
11-24-2005, 02:04 AM
I'm yet to get that far in the challenges, I kinda lost interest in them once they started making me use those lame ass civi-cars like the truck and minivan.

Oh yea, anybody else here beat the career yet?

G-man422
11-24-2005, 08:49 AM
almost, Im 68% done, & #3 on the blacklist. (soon to be #1)

frozen_Joth
11-29-2005, 08:30 PM
This game rocks, 9 out of 10 for sure. Much better than the Underground ones in my opinion.

Saleen85
11-29-2005, 09:43 PM
This game rocks, 9 out of 10 for sure. Much better than the Underground ones in my opinion.

I agree. I'm so glad I don't have to put on the ricey body kits, to earn street reputation. I was at a friends this weekend, worked him up to #3. I haven't played since I got home. Still at #7.

Rob

cooltc2004
11-29-2005, 10:19 PM
This game gets my <3

You guys play it online yet :)

XeVeNskyLiNE
11-29-2005, 10:30 PM
I was meaning to ask that. Is it even online on PS2? I can't find the option to go online :mad:

frozen_Joth
12-07-2005, 08:41 AM
i've got Xbox and I play online
gamertag- blubeastcivic
But you'll probaly find me playing Halo 2 online.

2of9
12-07-2005, 05:18 PM
i dont really like this game...me personally i dont like it too much.

pre98zetec
12-07-2005, 05:41 PM
i thought this one sucked, thats just me though

Zachp911
12-07-2005, 07:44 PM
I played it at my friends house, its a fun game. Probably will end up buying it.

slmdintegra98
12-20-2005, 12:48 PM
yeah im #1 on the blacklist and done with the hole intire game. none of yall want any of this, i drive an EVO 8, C-6, and a 911 TURBO oh yeah and the BMW M3. i was done with the blacklist in 2 weeks and i just finished up with the challanges. wut i give the game a 9.5 out of 10

alphalanos
12-20-2005, 01:33 PM
good job. :loser:

F1GTRUeno
12-20-2005, 03:45 PM
i thought this one sucked, thats just me though

oh trust me, its not just you who thinks this game sucked, It sucks big time. The camera is completely shit and for some reason, you couldn't change it. The handling is definately the worst thing about the game, theres no difference between the cars and tbh the series has gone down the drain since it became a tuning game. It's caused a mass of young people modifiy their Vauxhall Novas and thats not a good thing. The music is awful, I hate rap music and their's plenty of that present. The graphics aren't even that good either. EA should concentrate on the Burnout series, mind you they fucked that up when the latest one came out. Burnout 3 is still the best EA game there is.

XeVeNskyLiNE
12-20-2005, 10:23 PM
Whoa whoa, what the fuck game were you playing? Camera views? There was like 4 of them. Handling bad? Are you serious? This NFS has some of the tightest controls out of the whole series and I love it. The music was bad, but shit, turn it the fuck off and just listen to the sound effects, which I'd have to say was some of the best I've heard in ANY racing game. Spooling turbo's, whining superchargers, BOVs, tires screaming, sirens blaring, wind rushing by, increasing engine notes, it was like a symphony to me. If people wanna rice up their Vauxhalls thats their fault, not the games. Graphics not good? Again, another WTF. Have you even seen it on XBox 360? Its plenty good enough for PS2. IMO, EA shouldn't focus all their attention on Burnout, that kinda game is fizzling and it shows in the latest Burnout, which I also think is the best out of the series cuz it was basically an add on to Burnout 3 and didn't show a huge improvement anywhere. NFS is Need for Speed's bread and butter racing game. You can stick to wrecking your generic cars, I'll stick to racing my custom exotics and making fools of the police.

Whumbachumba
12-22-2005, 03:11 PM
oh trust me, its not just you who thinks this game sucked, It sucks big time. The camera is completely shit and for some reason, you couldn't change it. The handling is definately the worst thing about the game, theres no difference between the cars and tbh the series has gone down the drain since it became a tuning game. It's caused a mass of young people modifiy their Vauxhall Novas and thats not a good thing. The music is awful, I hate rap music and their's plenty of that present. The graphics aren't even that good either. EA should concentrate on the Burnout series, mind you they fucked that up when the latest one came out. Burnout 3 is still the best EA game there is.
Are you sure you aren't talking about GT4? :lol2: The only problem I have is that the spike strips aren't noticable till you are almost on top of them.

G-man422
12-22-2005, 06:05 PM
#1 on Blacklist! OH YEAH!

dimefury
12-22-2005, 06:16 PM
i rented this game from blockbuster and finished it in the seven days i had it.

it was ok, pretty fun, but i am glad i didn't buy it.

my main problem with the game is the same as with the underground games . . .
when fully tuned all the cars become basically the same.
example- i'm drivin' my fully tuned porsche carrera gt (sounds like a f1 car, sweet) and make a small mistake on a corner and have to scrub some speed and i get passed at over 200 mph by a fucking hatch? wtf?

like i said, it was fun, but i'm glad i only rented it instead of paying $50 for it.

flatlander757
12-25-2005, 09:09 PM
I got it today for Christmas and I think it's freakin awesome! :iceslolan

I'm #13 on the blacklist and have $450,000 or so bounty on my Cobalt SS.

And a Supra with $0 :smile:

49 offenses and haven't served any yet... hope to keep it that way :evillol:

Zachp911
12-28-2005, 01:57 PM
I got this game for Xmas too and have been playing it alot lately. I think its a pretty fun game, better than NFSU2. #12 on the black list. ;)

flatlander757
12-28-2005, 06:45 PM
Now #6 with 2,400,000 bounty :eek:

AvAlAnChE1090
12-29-2005, 02:47 AM
Are you sure you aren't talking about GT4? :lol2:
Are you serious?

flatlander757
12-29-2005, 12:38 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/flatlander757/rap1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/flatlander757/rap2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/flatlander757/rap3.jpg

:naughty:

XeVeNskyLiNE
12-29-2005, 07:17 PM
Beh haven't played this game in a while. After I beat it and did all the challenges except for 2 I got bored. I don't think the PS2 has online gaming.

proudfordowner
12-31-2005, 07:03 AM
im number.. well, it depends on what system.. i loved it so much i beat it twice for the Xbox and im #5 on the Xbox 360

i would rate this game a 10 out of 10

best racing game in my books!

i wonder what EA is going to do for the next NFS...
i think its either going to bomb or its going to be a bit better than this game

i dont play online because EVERYONE has the same damn car and its always maxed out.. and then some.. i wish there was a person out there that didnt waste thier time on tuning..

thats my :2cents:

TBird9290
01-07-2006, 10:03 AM
I Renting this game it is so fun but i had so much pain in my arms for staying up all night playing it for about 2 days thats all i did. It's Plain Addicting... it's fun in the Evolution just going in circles around cops... Plus a good tip for getting in trouble with the SUV's Ram Staright into them if there is not like 4 all around you trust me they flip...

ZL1power69
01-07-2006, 12:28 PM
game is a huge improvement over the NFSU shit. i still don't like the fact that the game forces u to change ur vehicle. if i get my car how i want it, i have to change it to lower heat level or buy more cars to lower the heat. cars sound closer to real life counterparts. persuit is realistic and is worth buying the game for. soundtrack could have had more songs on it. I'm on blacklist #11 (college + work = little time to play) and have a colbalt SS, supra, and RX8. only arrested once.

Saleen85
01-15-2006, 07:51 PM
game is a huge improvement over the NFSU shit. i still don't like the fact that the game forces u to change ur vehicle. if i get my car how i want it, i have to change it to lower heat level or buy more cars to lower the heat. cars sound closer to real life counterparts. persuit is realistic and is worth buying the game for. soundtrack could have had more songs on it. I'm on blacklist #11 (college + work = little time to play) and have a colbalt SS, supra, and RX8. only arrested once.

I haven't played in about 2 months. Started a new career, and played for a bit last night. I was having some fun drifting the RX8. I'm at the #11 race right now, beat him and I'm moving on up.

rob

Zachp911
01-16-2006, 09:14 PM
I'm #4 on the blacklist now. Cant beat this one damn level which is pissing me off. :banghead:

Cars I own: Supra, RX-7, Gallardo, 911 Turbo S, Corvette C6 :grinyes:

Skyline_BNR34
01-20-2006, 12:22 PM
I'm number 3 on the list. I got it about 2 weeks ago and I love it. Some of the bodykits suck and only one or two look god on the car. I like how the police chases are and heat level 5, holy shit it is fun, driving around with corvette C-6's after you, when you are driving a Corvette C-6. I have the IS300, Starter car, Dodge Viper, I won it from someone, the Corvette C-6, won that too, and I bought The Ford GT-(40). Last night Razor called and he made my Vette a Heat level 5 car for some reason but when he did that I thought all my cars had it now, but they don't. My career Compeletion is about 83%, I have done every race for everybody except maybve 2-3. I have like 76% on my Rap Sheet and for the game compeletion I have about 71% or 68%. I have only 11% on the Challenge series since basically all I play is the Career and have dont like 8 challenges. but when I finish my career I will finish the Challeneg series.

I have the regular edition because it was the only one left at Wal-Mart.

I give this game a 9 outta 10. Much better than the Underground series and the cars are much more realistic except whne you tune a car they all become the same thing.

sganc4life_4
01-22-2006, 07:00 PM
Wow this is a great game, my profile is updated atleast once a day with new crap lol

I love how the lambo had all the max upgrades :)

ZL1power69
01-22-2006, 07:47 PM
acumulating bownty is a pain in the ass.

sganc4life_4
01-22-2006, 10:24 PM
Yea it is lol, I need to get about 900K before I can challenge the next guy...#5 and just won a corvette :)

Makes it supra, mustang, porche, lambo, corvette now :)

Im not really worried about getting busted since I have close to 400k in cash :)

ZL1power69
01-23-2006, 12:44 PM
i'm only number 12 on the list. i have 260,000 in bownty and i need 300,000 to challenge #11. everytime i get into a pursuit, it only lasts a minute or so. its so god damn frustrating. i've been arested once. i only have 50k in cash though and i have a colbalt, supra, and rx-8.

Ford hater
01-23-2006, 03:21 PM
Some friends of mine Said its a great game and some of them say it sucks what should I do Buy or walk away?:banghead:

Ford hater
01-23-2006, 03:25 PM
By the way do any of you guys have any cheats for this game?:uhoh:

XeVeNskyLiNE
01-23-2006, 04:58 PM
Buy buy buy.

Just seach online for cheats.

ZL1power69
01-24-2006, 01:44 AM
i was hesitant at first but then it hit 30 bucks so i picked it up. its a good game but it is frustrating and still has some NFSU mixed in (:banghead: ). the only cheat that worked was the burgerking challenge (don't have any clue wtf it is but i got a confermation for it).

Ford hater
01-24-2006, 03:17 PM
Its only 30 bucks in your area here in nebraska its a whole 50 bucks!:eek:

XeVeNskyLiNE
01-24-2006, 05:29 PM
Wow, already reduced price, or did you buy it used?

Shiet for $30 I might go buy a copy since I only rented it when I played it.

G-man422
01-25-2006, 07:00 AM
#1 Baby! i havnt played it for about a month. I'm back on GT4. Any of you guys planning on getting the PS3?

Ford hater
01-25-2006, 03:02 PM
Iam so gettin the ps3 but im thikin about a psp.:naughty:

Ford hater
01-25-2006, 03:04 PM
Any ways what do guys think of the sound track for this game?:licka:

ZL1power69
01-25-2006, 08:24 PM
Wow, already reduced price, or did you buy it used?

Shiet for $30 I might go buy a copy since I only rented it when I played it.
bought brand new at target right after christmas

Add your comment to this topic!