Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

wiper relay replacement info posted

Gizmo42
11-18-2005, 08:09 PM
I just finished replaceing my wiper relays and posted some pics and info for those who havent done it yet on the planetisuzoo site. Thought I would post a link here as well.

http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=5608

marcre
11-18-2005, 09:28 PM
Nice job with the pics Gizmo, I just did mine earlier in the week as well. What did you use to remove the old solder? Removing the old relay gave me the most trouble, other than that it was not so bad. My fronts were the ones that did not work. I bought some extra relays for the next time. I kind of knarled up my board, but it still works. Yours looks nice and clean.

Marc

Gizmo42
11-19-2005, 02:29 AM
I used solder wick. It works much better then a solder sucker. It looks like braided wire and you just put it over the solder joint and hold the iron to it. It will absorb all the solder.

I had a bit of trouble with removing them too. I think because the solder also holds it to the pads on the top of the board and its hard to get all the solder off of it. I just GENTLY pried up on the relay while heating the pins after the solder was removed and slowly worked it loose.

I was an electronics tech in the Navy so I've had lost of practice at this :smokin:

Add your comment to this topic!