Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Power Door Locks Relay?

yogi_123rd
11-18-2005, 06:56 PM
I have a 94 PA and need to replace the power door lock relay for unlocking the door.

I've taken the panel off the fuse box found under the passenger side dash. It doesn't seem to be in there. Does anyone know where they put the doorlock relays.

MWW
01-09-2006, 02:12 PM
I have a 94 PA and need to replace the power door lock relay for unlocking the door.

I've taken the panel off the fuse box found under the passenger side dash. It doesn't seem to be in there. Does anyone know where they put the doorlock relays.

I have a '92 PAU, and Electrical Service Manuals for '92 and '93. In both cars, the door lock relay is located at the base of the relay assembly on the passenger side of the dash. It is located at the base of the relay panel, clipped to the bottom, with an isolated cable. It is encased in black plastic and labeled with the Potter and Brumfield name. The Buick dealer said there are three different part numbers for this relay, and you have to pull the old one to find out which one you have. One of the versions is soldered in instead of having a plug on the end of the cable.

I don't know if the '94 is the same, but maybe this will help. Good luck.

FYI - I was able to find service manuals for my car on Ebay. For anything you want related to the electrical system, you need what is called the Electrical Systems Manual, not the regular Service Manual.

Add your comment to this topic!