Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Optima Red Top battery

tommy00gt1
11-18-2005, 03:29 PM
Hi friends... Does anyone know what (model number) Optima fits a 2000 GT1 ? I just did a vehicle search on the Optima website, and surprisinhly it said "no battery for your vehicle".
That seems strange, because I know many people with Grand Am's have the Red Top in their cars.
Also.... Is it really worth it to pay the extra $$$ for an Optima ? I was always pleased with the ole' DieHard's; just wondering what you people think about Optima's.. In case it matters, I don't have any high current draw amp; my audio is all Pontiac stock stuff...

Thanks for any insight or comments !
Tommy

GTP Dad
11-18-2005, 05:01 PM
Try this site. If you can't find one based on specs then measure the size of your current battery and compare it to what they have. If they do not have one that fits give them a call. http://www.1st-optima-batteries.com/

I like the optima due to the fact that they have spiral cell technology and it will hold up to vibration much better than other batteries, also you don't have to worry about spillage and although they are expensive they do have a pretty good warranty. Have a yellow top in my GTP.

tommy00gt1
11-18-2005, 05:04 PM
Excellent, thank you GTP.. I've read many good comments about them, so I guess they must be of a great quality. I'll try that website link you listed... thanks so much!

Tommy

Add your comment to this topic!