Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

rsx-s vs ???

daveersx-s
11-18-2005, 02:16 PM
I just bought a 2002 rsx-s and to be honnest im a little disapointed! until v-tech gets in, its like every civic!!? is a Hondata worth it and what can i race for goog match?

Ace$nyper
11-18-2005, 02:23 PM
I'd be disapointed to if I shelled out that kinda money for such a slow car.

First its not V-Tech you have I-VTEC no H at all.
2nd its a small 4 banger you want low end you're missing 4 pistons then.
3rd wheres the beef?
4th I quit...

Schister66
11-18-2005, 02:28 PM
3rd wheres the beef?

best statement you ever made....:p

nastyNater
11-18-2005, 03:06 PM
haha this thread is heading in the right direction. lets all try and think up silly little rice races for this loser who fantasizes that his vetech will kick in w/ some hondata action.

Ace$nyper
11-18-2005, 03:52 PM
haha this thread is heading in the right direction. lets all try and think up silly little rice races for this loser who fantasizes that his vetech will kick in w/ some hondata action.
I just got that Hon-data flash Now my Type-R is hella fast.

RSX-S777
11-18-2005, 06:15 PM
Whatever you do, don't race the SpecV. By the time Aye Veeteck kicks in, you'll be eating his rubbers.

In all seriousness though, Hondata, CAI, header, short shifter, suspension and lose the stock Pilots with a quickness if you want to start racing people NA all over the fucking place and not look like a douche. It's also extremely important (when trying to avoid looking like the complete douche) to actually learn about your car's motor and call things by their proper names (it's i-vtec).

And for the record, it's not like every Civic- you just can't drive it.

Gohan Ryu
11-18-2005, 06:52 PM
The idea is to keep the engine revving in its powerband. Feathering the clutch is an absolute necessity when you launch or you'll just spin, and don't let the revs drop between shifts.

...and if your clutch is stock you'll burn it out after about 10 launches.

...and don't expect miracles - these days every econobox out there has 200+ horses.

...but at least you'll outhandle most of them.

dxasaurus
11-18-2005, 07:45 PM
I just bought a 2002 rsx-s and to be honnest im a little disapointed! until v-tech gets in, its like every civic!!? is a Hondata worth it and what can i race for goog match?

If you wanted speed, you shouldn't have been looking in he economy car section of the classifieds.

iVteC_PoWeR
11-18-2005, 08:24 PM
If you really wanted power you could have gotten a v8 for tha price of that rsx-s

Lockdown_2001
11-20-2005, 07:06 PM
It is quite expensive considering what you could have.
Or maybe you arent drving it correctly?
Hondas have little tourqe......duh.
h22.yay.

daveersx-s
11-21-2005, 08:57 AM
Whatever you do, don't race the SpecV. By the time Aye Veeteck kicks in, you'll be eating his rubbers.

In all seriousness though, Hondata, CAI, header, short shifter, suspension and lose the stock Pilots with a quickness if you want to start racing people NA all over the fucking place and not look like a douche. It's also extremely important (when trying to avoid looking like the complete douche) to actually learn about your car's motor and call things by their proper names (it's i-vtec).

And for the record, it's not like every Civic- you just can't drive it.
Your telling that the Spec- shit nissan is faster than my type-s?! Are you nuts?! Dude, one of my friend got one and i beated him everytime we race! Do you really have an rsx-s or you dream about having one someday, WHEN YOU''LL HAVE THE MONEY! :2cents: So, LOSER, don't tell me what to do and go save your money! And do you know the difference between an i-vtech and a v-tech??! Answer me my little racer :iceslolan

daveersx-s
11-21-2005, 09:00 AM
The idea is to keep the engine revving in its powerband. Feathering the clutch is an absolute necessity when you launch or you'll just spin, and don't let the revs drop between shifts.

...and if your clutch is stock you'll burn it out after about 10 launches.

...and don't expect miracles - these days every econobox out there has 200+ horses.

...but at least you'll outhandle most of them.

Thanks! Its my first sport car and maybe i was expecting too much from acura!?

Schister66
11-21-2005, 10:54 AM
it'll be a fun car, but don't expect it to be hella fast.....

Vtec95Civic
11-21-2005, 11:21 AM
yes we know the difference between i-vtech and v-tech. One doesn't exist, and one's a phone.

THERE'S NO FUCKING H GODDAMNIT.

daveersx-s
11-21-2005, 01:16 PM
yes we know the difference between i-vtech and v-tech. One doesn't exist, and one's a phone.

Who gives a fuck if i put an H! So hey smart ass, what gives the rsx-s 40 hp more than the rsx base! If you got :loser: it right, maybe youll earn points?! :loser:

Vtec95Civic
11-21-2005, 02:14 PM
Different tuning is what gives the S an extra 40 hp.

Now, I'm sure you're going to come back and tell me I'm wrong and what an idiot I am.

No. You're wrong.

Go play in traffic.

Schister66
11-21-2005, 02:29 PM
WTF?? Calm down......this isn't a big deal guys idk why you're being all pissy about it

nastyNater
11-21-2005, 02:54 PM
Your telling that the Spec- shit nissan is faster than my type-s?! Are you nuts?! Dude, one of my friend got one and i beated him everytime we race! Do you really have an rsx-s or you dream about having one someday, WHEN YOU''LL HAVE THE MONEY! :2cents: So, LOSER, don't tell me what to do and go save your money! And do you know the difference between an i-vtech and a v-tech??! Answer me my little racer :iceslolan

wow you disturb me noob.

stop refferring to it as vetech you loser.

Vtec95Civic
11-21-2005, 03:16 PM
Sorry, but these kids that come here and start this BS piss me off. At least know what your car has an is capable of before you start spouting your mouth off.

RSX-S777
11-21-2005, 06:06 PM

It was an inside joke pertaining to a previous thread...so please calm the fuck down. Yes I have a Type S. Yes I know the difference. Yes I know what it does and how to spell it so I repeat...calm the fuck down. If you'd like to see pics of my car, feel free to visit my gallery. If you'd like to talk about your car and get your ass handed to you feel free to visit the RSX section of AF. My advice, though- know what "v-tech" is before you get there.

Actually....I changed my mind. Don't post there. And sell your car. I don't like you.

daveersx-s
11-22-2005, 10:25 AM
Sorry, but these kids that come here and start this BS piss me off. At least know what your car has an is capable of before you start spouting your mouth off.

Hey guy, im here cause i want to learn more about my car! I don't know about your inside jokes but there not always a good way to welcome a new member. Im not the type who search for trouble, but im not gone back dwn either! So sorry if i over reacted, and please let's talk about car...

BrodyP
11-22-2005, 11:55 AM
Ace said wheres the beef first off which is great, second lets never say hella again, third dont tell anyone to play in traffic who didnt give rebirth to that line. So what do you wanna talk about daveersx-s ???

exman98
11-22-2005, 12:26 PM
[QUOTE=daveersx-s]Hey guy, im here cause i want to learn more about my car! I don't know about your inside jokes but there not always a good way to welcome a new member. Im not the type who search for trouble, but im not gone back dwn either! So sorry if i over reacted, and please let's talk about car...[/QUOTE
For you (as a new member) I would guide you to do a little searching yourself. Just use a simple google search or try a thread search on this forum. Second. Try not to get an angry attitude every time someone makes a comment. Ace's first reply was truly very helpful.And it really makes people mad when they use vtech, just don’t do it. Anyway. We can try to help with problems and original questions. There are millions of web pages about the k series motors. sooo. google that bitch.

Shpyder
11-23-2005, 10:02 AM
There's an RSX-s here at a local meet that I see once in a while. I don't know much about Honda upgrade paths aside from the "big three" (H/I/E), but the owner said it was cammed with a ported head and runners, and upgraded springs and retainers...said it redlined at 9,000. That's pretty sweet.

daveersx-s
11-23-2005, 12:55 PM
There's an RSX-s here at a local meet that I see once in a while. I don't know much about Honda upgrade paths aside from the "big three" (H/I/E), but the owner said it was cammed with a ported head and runners, and upgraded springs and retainers...said it redlined at 9,000. That's pretty sweet.

You said it!!! BTW, you got a really nice car!! :sunglasse

JustaSolVTEC
11-24-2005, 02:13 AM

I don't own an RSX-S, nor do I dream about owning one...but I'll still pull on an RSX-S.

and to the guy with the H22 comment, my B series puts down more power to the wheels than an H22 makes at the crank. sorry, but the H22 is not as great as most people think.

exman98
11-24-2005, 10:10 AM
i have been in a 94 lude sh (stock h22) when it beat
s-type.

JustaSolVTEC
11-24-2005, 12:14 PM
i have been in a 94 lude sh (stock h22) when it beat
s-type.

that would be a '94 Prelude VTEC. SH didn't come out until the 5th gen 'ludes.

Krzintegra95
11-24-2005, 03:39 PM
hello ..well what i have read you can make an rsx type s pretty quick for little money ..im a NA guy myself so ill just advise stuff pretaining to that. like buy better pistons,cams,and intake manifold.. get it tuned and from there loose those heavy rims they come with and get some lighter ones.. but if you dont want to rip your motor apart and not looking for major power just get s supercharger.. i think the rear sway bar on the type s is still to small so upgrade that also .. but thats just my :2cents:

Lockdown_2001
11-24-2005, 06:12 PM
and to the guy with the H22 comment, my B series puts down more power to the wheels than an H22 makes at the crank. sorry, but the H22 is not as great as most people think.
Chill man don't hate. I love my H22 and have respect for B series.
Mines not modded. Stock H < Modded B series.
--
B18C3

* Found in:
o 1995-1998 Acura Integra Type R

Power: 197 hp
Thats the best one I belive (Im no expert)
--
H22 = 195
I belive this is correct, though correct me if im wrong.
Those both should be crank hp.
---

God this pisses me off. Spell it right.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/Lockdown_2001/Vtec1.jpg

94PreludeJDM
11-25-2005, 12:14 AM

Your B series puts down more power because it's modded. You can't compare modded engines to stock engines, because i'm sure there's some guy with a modded H series putting down more than you are, then some guy with a B series putting down more than him, and so on. The H22 is a great engine, though you're right, it's not some Mecca-end-all-god of engines like some people think, and doesn't respond great to mods, but it still has tons of potential.

JustaSolVTEC
11-25-2005, 01:31 AM
Your B series puts down more power because it's modded. You can't compare modded engines to stock engines, because i'm sure there's some guy with a modded H series putting down more than you are, then some guy with a B series putting down more than him, and so on. The H22 is a great engine, though you're right, it's not some Mecca-end-all-god of engines like some people think, and doesn't respond great to mods, but it still has tons of potential.

I'm not saying H series motors don't have potential. they just don't have as much as the B series in my opinion. the sleeves are the weakest link to the H22. I could go into this further, but I'm tired.

Dr.Gonzo
12-14-2005, 08:43 PM
The RSX TypeS has great N/A potential. DC5 raceheader, Injen CAI, Hondata IMG, and exhaust are known to put between 195-205whp. Add IPS cams and a Hondata reflash and we are easily talking 210whp-230 depending on the time put into tuning.

There is a great deal of potential in the RSX-TypeS K20A motors.

bkvj
12-19-2005, 05:32 AM

whats your point actually? didnt you even test drive it? sorry why are you complaining anyways. when you test drove it (like normally everyone does BEFORE you buy the car), and you felt the v-tec didnt kick in fast enough? you should have asked somewhere if the car was worth it or look further for something else

noob

civicblumagik021
12-20-2005, 01:29 PM
this thread is useless!!

daveersx-s
12-20-2005, 02:11 PM
this thread is useless!!

Ok, im sorry, i will edit it! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAA, your car is ugly, slow,not reliable, and your comment is useless!!!

Take care racer!!!

Dr.Gonzo
12-25-2005, 05:59 PM
What's wrong with this thread no one in here is even stating the potential of the K20A engine. Put a Injen CAI, DCRH, Hondata IMG, and a exhaust and you are looking at around 200whp with only spending around $1000.00. Yeah that sounds like a lot when you compare turbo'd engines but how much do those turbo'd cars cost? You could use the VW 1.8T as an example or a used DSM but the reliability of those engines are questionable(being from the VW family and not arrogantly blind I know this)so what decent new powered 4 or 6cylinder N/A engine does that leave us with? The QR25DE, Ecotec, VR6, etc. Not much. So why put the K20A down when it's the first engine since the B series to make real power rather cheaply. Yes K-PRO, Cams, and K24/K20 swaps are expensive but worry about that when you could spend the same amount of money on the engines I mention and not get any of the gains that you can get on the K20A. Oh well that's my .02 coming from a 95 VR6 Jetta owner.

RSX-S777
12-26-2005, 01:07 PM
It is what it is. I don't think anybody is questioning the solid nature of the motor or it's responsiveness to modification. I think performance-oriented people tend to feel the Type S is just too much money for too little motor considering what could be had for the price nowadays. When all things are considered though (ie design, amenities, reliability etc), it's a nice little car...even considering it's really just another fucking 4 cylinder NA torqueless introduction from Honda, that is. :biggrin:

240sxSR20DET&s2000
03-15-2006, 02:59 PM

>>>>your friend with the spec-V is a shitty racer ...thats why you beat him....my brother has the spec-v and he raced the rsx type-s and he won...it was close but he one....you should drive your friends spec-v..and see what you think is faster..!!!!

240sxSR20DET&s2000
03-15-2006, 03:08 PM

>>>>hey and since you have so much money:2cents: ...why didnt you just get the rsx-R the K20 type-R....that shit has like the fastest honda motor...you would be spanking everybody.....Mr. Rich

nikita7
03-15-2006, 05:50 PM
For the first sports car RSX type-S is a great car. It is quick and nimble. Once you get the feel of it you can put a turbo on it and it will be in the league with V8s.

Add your comment to this topic!