Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

This Page Not Found!

csaxon
11-17-2005, 10:22 AM
THIS PAGE NOT FOUND!

That's the message I get when clicking on the threads on this site. Any idea why?

If I click on the name of the person and select the last post, I can get to the thread.

Otherwise, I just get the message above. It only happens on this Automotive forums site! Camry,Avalon, and Mercedes and I assume others.

Any ideas as to what's going on?

It seems that the format looks different also. (I may be wrong; I just don't recall the lat post column)

The column titles I see are the envelope, the thread, the thread starter, replies,views,rating, and last post which is blank. I don't remember that one.

Every thread I click on takes me to the message above. I can only click on a name and go to the last post to view and contribute.

Thanks for any help.

JOET/CAMRY
11-17-2005, 03:55 PM
THIS PAGE NOT FOUND!

That's the message I get when clicking on the threads on this site. Any idea why?

If I click on the name of the person and select the last post, I can get to the thread.

Otherwise, I just get the message above. It only happens on this Automotive forums site! Camry,Avalon, and Mercedes and I assume others.

Any ideas as to what's going on?

It seems that the format looks different also. (I may be wrong; I just don't recall the lat post column)

The column titles I see are the envelope, the thread, the thread starter, replies,views,rating, and last post which is blank. I don't remember that one.

Every thread I click on takes me to the message above. I can only click on a name and go to the last post to view and contribute.

Thanks for any help.
---------------------------------------------------------------
It seems that the format looks different also.
---------------------------------------------------------------
I believe the format did change. I did some mods/tweaks to my computer and when I logged on to A.F. noticed the page looked different. :mad: now I know the new format/look had nothing to do with me doing the mods/tweaks. I can't see the date/time of any post unless I triple click on the dark blue strip above the persons name. :banghead: holding down the left mouse button and dragging the pointer across the area where the name is hidden also works (helps it appear).Thankfully I don't have the error message THIS PAGE NOT FOUND! :2cents:

Regards,
JOET/CAMRY

csaxon
11-17-2005, 04:17 PM
I DO see the date/time of any post! That's weird?

I clicked on the (1,2) of the running hot thread and it works fine.

If I just click on the running hot thread, I get the "this page not found" message.

I hope I get help. I contacted the forum host (in red above).
It's odd that your forum screen is different than mine?

Thanks for responding.

AccordCodger
11-17-2005, 06:09 PM
The site did change. It's probably the browser/version you are running. They made some changes, and didn't test it enough.

Brian R.
11-17-2005, 06:28 PM
They're updating the site software. The old version had issues. The new version will be enabled little by little to get back to the place the old version was. If you are having issues, try clearing your cookies.

csaxon
11-17-2005, 07:12 PM
I cleared the cookies but that didn't help.
I can click on everything except the main thread name and it works.
I got to this thread through AccordCodger's profile and recent posts option.

Thanks for any ideas.

Brian R.
11-17-2005, 07:50 PM
What browser are you using?

csaxon
11-17-2005, 09:40 PM
Internet Explorer 6.00.2800.1106

MSN version 9.10.0011.1703

Brian R.
11-17-2005, 11:14 PM
I have pm'd the admin - see if I get any feedback.

csaxon
11-18-2005, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the help.
If I click on the "go to first unread post" arrow it works fine. If I click on the page (1,2) it works fine. If I click on the main thread it doesn't. This is the message.

res://C:WINDOWSSystem32shdoclc.dll/pagerror.gifThe page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.<HR color=#c0c0c0 noShade>Please try the following:
<LI id=list1>If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
<LI id=list2>Open the Homepage(); www.automotiveforums.com (http://www.automotiveforums.com/) home page, and then look for links to the information you want. <LI id=list3>Click the res://C:WINDOWSSystem32shdoclc.dll/back.gif Back (javascript:history.back(1)) button to try another link. <LI id=list4>Click res://C:WINDOWSSystem32shdoclc.dll/search.gif Search (javascript:doSearch()) to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Explorer

csaxon
11-20-2005, 02:05 PM
Well I just logged on from a different computer using a cable modem and I have no problems?

I use a dial up on mine but I don't see how that can be the problem? Any other ideas?

Brian R.
11-20-2005, 06:05 PM
Sorry, no idea. I hope the admins solve this problem before too long.

Add your comment to this topic!