Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Change Oil Soon Light

mikebar4
11-17-2005, 09:45 AM
how can i get my change oil soon light to go off? 2003 trailblazer with the inline 6. i chane the oil every 4-5k miles with synthetic oil. i had an alero and i had the same problem. i could turn the key on and press the gas and brake a couple of times and it would go off. does the trailblazer have the same?

Dtown
11-17-2005, 09:49 AM
Did you let the oil life percentage gauge go to zero? If so, did you reset it?

mikebar4
11-17-2005, 02:16 PM
where exactly is the oil life percentage gauge at and where and how can i reset it?

Dtown
11-17-2005, 02:50 PM
if you have the buttons on the steering wheel you use one of the buttons on the bottom left to switch to it on your dash display. Then while your on the "oil life" display you press and hold down the button on the bottom right that looks like an arrow until it resets.

balboasdelight
11-18-2005, 10:39 AM
how can i get my change oil soon light to go off?

Turn the key to ON but don't start the engine.
Press the accellerator to the floor 3 times within 5 seconds.
Turn the key off.
You should see the Change Oil light flash several times, and from then until the car decides it's time for another oil change, it should stay off.

That's the procedure for the '04 -- I presume it's the same.

ScarabEpic22
11-19-2005, 12:47 PM
If you have the DIC (buttons on the steering wheel), the browse through the fuel pump looking icon until you get to the oil life indicator. Hold down the arrow until it resets.
If you dont have DIC, then do the procedure with the accelerator pedal and whatever. Never done this because I have DIC.

Add your comment to this topic!