Another tire to ask about!

Mello Yello
11-16-2005, 07:03 PM
This board feels almost like a private site! Hope everyone is busy out driving their Colorado!!

Has anyone replaced the crappy Continental tires on their ZQ8 rides with the Falken ZE 512?? These have been recommended to me by a local tire dealer who said that they would overcome the nasty wet traction problems from the OEM tires! I can't wait to get rid of the stock tires. Anytime I drive the truck in even minimally damp conditions I have to REALLY pay attention entering any curve or turn in order to have the rear of the truck follow the front. I am actually going to go up to a 255/45/ZR17 from the 235/50/S17s that I have now. Anyone know anything, either good or bad about a Kumho EASTA ASX tire, these are on my list to look at too? Any comments are appreciated!

Jiminator
05-15-2007, 08:23 AM
Mello,
I had a quality issue with my oem tires, junk, lousy tires, extremely poor quality, the lowest bidder, etc. I replaced my tires with the BF Goodrich Radial T/A light truck all weather tire. As I had a blow-out, the cap came off of the carcass, and took half of the right rear panel with it. GM stiffed me on the warranty, would not honor the warranty, and a tire dealer told me that allot of colorado's have similiar issue's with the OEM tire. If anyone else out there is also having tire trouble, please post, because I am taking GM to court over my expenses, plus has anyone else noticed that the lug wrench and jack tool, are not were they say it is? >J :)

sperret
03-25-2009, 02:19 PM
2004 crew zq8,Tires, huge problem, excessive vibration at 50 mph, dealer has now installed 2 new ones, has been at the dealer now for over a week, only 21,000kms 15,000miles. not happy,

Add your comment to this topic!