Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

t/a owners

1FASTws6
11-16-2005, 02:56 PM
my neighbor was thinking about buying his kid a trans but after he saw myne he is definate. The only thing holding him back is ARE THE CARS RELAIABLE. Though some mods are done ehxhaust, lid etc... will the car run if its treadted well and does the reg maintainance. Since i live in a condo we dont have garages. will this be a problem.

76ta
11-16-2005, 04:19 PM
im guessing its a new bird? As long as regular maintenance is done then it will most likely live a long life, having no garage means u will just have to take it to a shop or a buddies with a garage to change oil and what not

1FASTws6
11-16-2005, 04:56 PM
no its got 70k miles LOL

skibum1111
11-16-2005, 05:16 PM
Just like any other car, its 90% maintenance (if its been done when its supposed to be) and about 10% luck. Things do break after time no matter how anal you are about things like oil changes, tire rotation etc. Environment has alot to do with how long the exhaust will last, here in nh we have more salt on the road than the ocean has in it, so the underside of the car needs to be washed frequently. Tires wear depending on how aggressive the driver is and the condition of the suspension components and alignment, not to mention the roads. 70k miles on the car? Should last a long time if its been taken care of. Good luck.

Mr. Luos
11-16-2005, 06:03 PM
I have heard of guys supercharging them at 125,000 and not having any problems.
I have heard of guys abusing them and killing them before 100,000. Of course, something normally happens to cause this. Cam'd car spins too high type of thing.
I have heard of a guy with over 200,000 that still races his at the track. Not quite as fast as when he bought it, but it still gets the job done.

All cars mentioned are LS1 cars.
I would say they are reliable with the right owner.

Add your comment to this topic!