Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Front Suspension Problem

fiberglasscivic
11-16-2005, 01:52 PM
OK here's the info. I put my car in a ditch a couple of weekends ago and did some damage to my suspension on the drives side in the front. When I slid into the ditch the force of sliding sideways (probably along with getting caught on something, not sure if I did) snapped one of the bolts that connects my lower control arm to the stabilizer, and bent my control arm. I replaced the control arm with one from the same year and the stabilizer with one from a 96 or 97 ex. Now that it's back on the road there sounds like something on that side is loose, specifically when I hit hard bumps in the road. I've also noticed that my steering feels a little weird. It's kind of loose depending on the situation. The only other thing that I've noticed wrong is that the wheel for that side is towed out at the top. Any Ideas on what could be wrong.

hxgaser
11-16-2005, 03:16 PM
Get an alignment done. Although you may not see any visible angle changes, I think you probably whacked out the steering. So I would visually check all the suspension components, shack to see if they are moving or not and get an alignment done. Also it may reveal if any of the components are bent.

i_a_n112784
11-16-2005, 05:14 PM
The sound you're describing means that you're not done replacing parts yet. I'm not sure what you mean by toed out at the top, toe is right or left movement of the whole tire. camber is what will make the top or bottom move. I didn't do a very good job describing it, but toe doesn't occour at just the top of the tire.

You could go get an alignment, and most places will say they can't do it unless you replace whatever part it is. But you said your steering feels funny, so it is most likely an inner or outer tie rod that is damaged.

fiberglasscivic
11-17-2005, 12:48 AM
Thanks guys I appriciate the help. What I meant by toed out it / vs | if your looking from the front at the drivers side, it's just not as bad as the forward slash is.

ridestreet84
11-17-2005, 07:44 AM
that would be your camber man and yeah check the tied rod also you upper arm might be bent as well take some pics of it for me with the tire off and send them to me over email or something man and i will let you know what else you need to fix

Add your comment to this topic!