Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

what kind of oils

siguy2k
11-15-2005, 11:06 PM
i was just wonderin what kind of oil you guys would suggest for the motor, tranny, and rearend. and also whats the deal with premixing? do i need too? thanks

tubjub
11-16-2005, 12:34 AM
i can't answer that question properly, but there are a few others in here that could if they would just speak up... lol

fcdriver
11-16-2005, 01:30 AM
I use 20w50 for motor oil, you don't really need to premix unless your omp isn't working right or if you have it removed. If you have lsd rear then you should use an additive along with gear oil I think its 80w but I don't remember off the top of my head.

FDTT
11-16-2005, 02:50 AM
Redline, Motul, Royal Purple, ect ect. All the high end synthetics are great motor oils. They also make gear oils tranny fluid ect ect.

As for premixing, unless your omp is gone i woudl not bother as you will need to brake out the premix everytime you want to put gas in the car. Then you need to measure it out and pour it in there. Its a hastle unless you are only driving the car a couples times a month or something.
To do it properly you woudl want to block of the POM, the injectors ect and then just run the premix right in the gas tank.

I personaly use motul 15w-40 in my daily driver and the race cars. And motul everything else as well (they make some great stuff)

Add your comment to this topic!