Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Power locks & windows not working...BCM?

Spanky_1
11-15-2005, 10:46 PM
Ok here goes...I'm brand new here, hope I get pointed in the right direction.

I got a 2002 Silverado, 1st problem was driver's side door switch worked intermitently then stopped all together last week. Then driver's side electric window controls stopped working last weekend. Now everything is out door switch, power windows, locks and seat heater all on driver's side. Thank god I got that extended warranty, looked at it today and found it expired on 11-1. Called the dealer and I'm S.O.L. Asked a know it all at work and he says it could be the body control module? Just might need reprogramming by the dealer. Anyone know anything about this?

99redsilverado
11-16-2005, 01:14 AM
fuses?

Faze3
11-16-2005, 10:26 AM
If it weren't for the seat heater, I'd say door switches. $100 from the dealer for the power window one alone, special order ( = no returns for me). I'd check the fuses first like 99Silvy says.

Call the dealership's service dept and ask if it could be the BCM and see what the fee is to check/reprogram. A diagnostic fee should go towards the total cost of repair. I'd check that with them too.

jers99z
11-18-2005, 08:34 PM
Im not to sure about the problem you are having but the BCM sounds like a good start. I know i had to have mine re-programmed when i installed the factory style driving lights and new switch, it was only like 40 at the dealership.

jers99z
11-18-2005, 08:35 PM
Ok here goes...I'm brand new here, hope I get pointed in the right direction.

I got a 2002 Silverado, 1st problem was driver's side door switch worked intermitently then stopped all together last week. Then driver's side electric window controls stopped working last weekend. Now everything is out door switch, power windows, locks and seat heater all on driver's side. Thank god I got that extended warranty, looked at it today and found it expired on 11-1. Called the dealer and I'm S.O.L. Asked a know it all at work and he says it could be the body control module? Just might need reprogramming by the dealer. Anyone know anything about this?
Might also want to check and see if there is as relay in your electrical center that controls only driver side accesories.

SilveraDon
12-06-2009, 10:19 AM
I inherited my dad's '94 Silverado (<60Kmi). It has electric locks and windows, but there were only "manual" keys on his ring. Was there originally a key fob with it back then?

jdmccright
12-07-2009, 01:40 PM
You're really better off starting a new thread for this...your question doesn't mate well with the current thread. Double check this in the future.

That said, power doors/locks does not automatically mean you have the remote power option. I learned this firsthand with my '95. Call a dealer and give them your VIN code and they will be able to tell you if your truck has that option installed. There's probably an RPO code for it (the option codes listed on the glovebox sticker), but I don't know it offhand.

Once you have them, you take them for granted that it's standard feature. I got a remote lock and starter installed for $200 at Best Buy...Viper brand. I've seen cheaper install-it-yourself ones, but this time I didn't care to fart with the wiring...I'll let someone who knows do it. So far so good and soooo convenient. Alot less wear on your old keys and locks too!

Add your comment to this topic!