Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Kia Quality

enlightener
11-15-2005, 08:36 PM
I work as a service advisor at a local Kia dealership in Miami, Florida; we sell Kia and other car brands too but what keeps the service department afloat is those godamned kias. I have seen up close and personal how cheaply built and dangerous these cars can be and how people buy them because they believe they are getting a lot of value for their money. True, Kia is cheap, but you get what you pay for. Do not be deceived by their incentives or price, before you buy one of these nightmares talk to a service advisor at your local Kia dealership and chances are they might tell you the truth behind these sh*tboxes. Amanti, sure looks nice, but you can try the following experiment: rev your engine in the Amanti and floor it, exceed 55 MPH then come to a full stop. The car will sputter and shut down because of a defect with the intake manifold. Chances are you can buy a late model Kia with low miles for very little because of the fact that they spend half of their useful life on the service bays. I've seen cases of people getting killed because the airbags on their Kias didn't deploy ( to be specific two frontal crashes on 2004 Kia Spectras which have 6 airbags and 3 on 00 to 02 Sportages). But of all the piece of sh*t cars in the world the Rio is king, this is the biggest piece of korean crap ever produced, it makes the Daewoo look like a BMW!! In my opinion if you are stupid enough to consider buying a Kia you deserve that piece of sh*t!!

twospirits
11-15-2005, 09:26 PM
In my opinion if you are stupid enough to consider buying a Kia you deserve that piece of sh*t!!I find it amazing that you come in and with the 4 posts you have under your belt you manage to bash the brand and insult the members. Please read this post (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=408720).
Adhere to the rules or your stay in AF will be short lived.

This is your one and only warning.

TS out

twospirits
11-16-2005, 09:03 AM
Oh and another thing,...
Amanti, sure looks nice, but you can try the following experiment: rev your engine in the Amanti and floor it, exceed 55 MPH then come to a full stop. The car will sputter and shut down because of a defect with the intake manifold.

Wait a minute. You're saying that a fixed property like intake manifold design is responsible for a drivability problem under such specific conditions? Are you referring to a vacuum leak? A fuel delivery issue? Maybe a sensor or tuning flaw? I could understand a defect in a sensor bandwidth, the processor speed of the computer, or a vacuum leak in a manifold might cause the problem, but the actual design of the manifold itself wouldn't cause this type of problem.

TS out

bigryan
11-16-2005, 12:28 PM
He's right I own a CTS and my wife bought an Amanti because it looks like a Jaguar but we have taken our car to the dealership twice because the car would sputter and die if we accelerated too much. Kia has fixed it twice but apparently the problem just keeps coming back.

Add your comment to this topic!