Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

regal LS Tires

katana1981
11-15-2005, 06:42 AM
Hi again! 2 quick questions :D

On my 2002 Buick Regal LS, I have tires set with mags! The tires are "205 or 215-70-15" I don't remember exactly... but anyway, winter is coming and I need very very very goos tires because I'm a Sales Rep on the road and I do about 100 000 km per year so I really need good tires that as a long life but very good on snow, ice, mud tks!

2nd question: On the mags that has the 205 ou 215-70-15, can I put for the summer time a 225-60-16 on the mags or I should buy news mags? And for the summer now, which tires could be very good for long lasting and on water? Tks a lot guys!

BNaylor
11-15-2005, 10:54 AM
If you decide to use the 225-60-16 wheel/tire combo, they will fit on your Regal LS with no problems but you'll need the bigger 16" wheels. It's the standard size on the GS. Sounds like all season touring tires will work for you. The stock 215-70-15 is probably the best one to use for winter driving.

katana1981
11-16-2005, 04:35 PM
Thank you! And for the model of a tire, which one works the best on snow/mud? And for summer time, rain and last very long enough? :D:D

BNaylor
11-16-2005, 05:40 PM
Thank you! And for the model of a tire, which one works the best on snow/mud? And for summer time, rain and last very long enough? :D:D

That's a really good question. Are you looking for one brand of tire for the whole year that is M&S rated and for all other seasons? Also cost is a factor. A friend of mine in Canada gets all of his tires from Canadian Tire.

On our '99 Regal LS, we have Firestone FR680 all season with a M&S rating size P215/70-R15. Nothing fancy but they get the job done. Lots of highway travel and we've been up in the mountains through snow and muddy dirt roads.

There are a lot of tires out there including the Japanese and Korean brands but I think it's down to personal preference, cost and prior experience with the brand.

katana1981
11-16-2005, 07:55 PM
K k.. before I had an Intrepid from Chrysler! I never never never do all season during winter.. I'm a regional sales manager in quebec so when I go up north, winter tire is crucial! What I'd love to have is same tires that i used to have on my intrepid! very easy: the cost: doesn't matter.. its a safety thats all :P So I need a good winter tire, when I mean good, I mean reaaallllly good :D

For summer season, a good one during rain but that could do about 120 000 km and that is running smooth at the same time!

Tks for your help!

BNaylor
11-16-2005, 08:26 PM
K k.. before I had an Intrepid from Chrysler! I never never never do all season during winter.. I'm a regional sales manager in quebec so when I go up north, winter tire is crucial! What I'd love to have is same tires that i used to have on my intrepid! very easy: the cost: doesn't matter.. its a safety thats all :P So I need a good winter tire, when I mean good, I mean reaaallllly good :D

For summer season, a good one during rain but that could do about 120 000 km and that is running smooth at the same time!

Tks for your help!

I understand. Michelin X-Ice is a good winter only tire and it's available in size 215/70 QR15. You should be able to get the specs on it at Michelin's web site. The cost around $81.00 USD.

http://www.michelin.ca/

Available at Canadian Tire.

katana1981
11-16-2005, 08:33 PM
tks a lot bnaylor3400! You are very handleful! I talk for myself and for others who didn't tell you yet! :D

Add your comment to this topic!