SuperCharger Question..???

Medabots
11-14-2005, 11:03 AM
Hey guyz... I was just wondering, What kind of mods do you need to run a Supercharger on your car? I mean, There is Low compression for turbo charge and High compression for All motor. so, whats better? High comp or Low comp?... I do not know a lot about superchargers, and I was curious.

Thanks!

superbluecivicsi
11-14-2005, 11:38 AM
depends on the setup. lower compression is always better for boost.

CivicSpoon
11-14-2005, 12:27 PM
depends on the setup. lower compression is always better for boost.
I couldn't disagree more. It's power vs reliability. With higher compression, you can run less boost and make as much (if not more) power than with low compression. But for reliability sake, low compression will almost always be more reliable.

superbluecivicsi
11-14-2005, 03:34 PM
im not saying high comp and boost is a no go. i just live in the world and reality of driving a boosted car everday on pump gas. you dont plan on running 12:1 on pump gas do you? do a search on high comp and low comp on boost and come to your own conclusions. theres many factors involved in deciding your hi comp vs lo comp boost. choosing my compression ratio was easy. decide what power im going to make and decide what gas im going to run. my conclusion on 300whp on pump 91 gas :screwy: tells me that compression in the mid 10s with my $700 on the dyno was a good way to reach my goal. find out what suits you and give your car a good tune on the dyno. or have someone give your car a good tune on the dyno.

as far as your SCed questions go. what CR on what motor? what charger? do your research.

CivicSpoon
11-14-2005, 04:36 PM
I see what you're saying. I personally consider anything above 10:1 as high compression, only because most people refer to 9.5:1 compression or lower to be low compression. And obvioulsy 12:1 with boost isn't a good idea for a street car on pump gas (even with out the boost it's probably not a great idea). I didn't mean to sound like that is what I was saying. But some people seem to disagree wit hthe 300whp on 91 pmup gas statement: http://www.turbod16.com/viewtopic.php?t=19971 Though that is also turbo, and I don't know jack about SC's. I'm not trying to say you're wrong on anything, I guess I'm just looking at it a different way.

kris
11-19-2005, 05:57 PM
A supercharger will run like a dream at 10.1:1

Add your comment to this topic!