Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 EB seat heater

willdog5
11-13-2005, 02:47 PM
The seat heater in my '00 EB is inop. How hard is it to replace and, is there a better place to by the element than the dealer?

Let's Roll
12-17-2005, 03:29 PM
Did you ever get a response? Also, where is the seat heater element located? Is it easy to replace?

willdog5
12-19-2005, 06:55 PM
Did you ever get a response? Also, where is the seat heater element located? Is it easy to replace?
No responses yet. I do know that the heater element comes with the seat foam as well and I believe the element is in a recess in the seat foam.

Let's Roll
12-21-2005, 01:11 PM
No responses yet. I do know that the heater element comes with the seat foam as well and I believe the element is in a recess in the seat foam.

Hmm. Sounds like replacing the element requires tearing apart the entire seat. If my seat heater isn't working, could it be a fuse as opposed to a bad element?

bay2boise
03-24-2006, 06:48 AM
My seat heater went out as well. Our Ford dealer said the grid in the seat has a short in the wiring. The grid is actually imbedded in the seat (both seat bottom and back)so the seat has to be taken apart and the grid replaced. The cost to use Ford parts was $850! I called around to several local auto upolstery shops and found one shop who actually does the work for the dealerships in town. They can replace the Ford grid with an after market seat heater for $250. I have not replaced the heater yet so I can't tell how how well the aftermarket one works, but that is route I am intending to take. Good luck!

Add your comment to this topic!