Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

new to this NEED HELP FAST

integrachick
05-29-2002, 01:31 AM
my exaust pipe fell off on the way to class today. it rusted off at the end of the cat the muffler shop said that the cat is ok but i will need a new center section. I thought it might be a good time to upgrade but i dont know where to go to get the parts or what to buy. like I said I' m new to this

any help will be much appreciated.

I need to order parts soon because i need my car back right away
I want my exhaust to stay QUIET:uhoh:

RedRocketGSR
05-29-2002, 02:04 AM
Well if you want your exhaust to stay quiet then i would recommend just getting a stock exhaust. I wouldnt go through the dealership though if you were going to do it, i would just take it to a exhaust shop and have them do custom piping from the catback(ie: like 2 1/4" or 2 1/2"). It costs alot of money to do it though. Expect to spend between $300-$400 for it. You can email me @ integravtecxsi@hotmail.com, AIM me @ 90CRXZCSi or if you need any more help or you can just PM me and i'll try to help ya out. Good luck.;)

HonDork
05-29-2002, 12:21 PM
Check some websites. Some places do package deals where you can get headers and exaust for up and around 800 bucks. Or you can head to a local shop and haggle like I see some of the morons do around here :D

Marasmus
05-29-2002, 02:51 PM
Cat-backs for honda/acura cars are ridiculously overpriced. If you really need to get this back on the road, take it to a halfway-decent weld shop and have them chop a few inches off the mid-pipe where it rusted and then weld a length of fresh pipe inbetween your cat and the mid-pipe. Shouldn't cost any more than like 30 or 40 bucks for them to do that.

Of course, if the whole mid-pipe is rusted through and totally wrecked, you could pull a stock cat-back off a wrecked car, or just buy an aftermarket unit.

PiNoY GsR RaCeR
05-29-2002, 08:47 PM
Well if you wanted something quiet then I would just get the whole stock exhaust. You can have a shop weld in a new piece like everyone else said or just replace the whole system with a new stock exhaust.

WRXNSX
06-01-2002, 03:18 AM
I just put on an Apexi World Sport and it's not too much louder than stock at all (plus you get the low end torque gain) the big bonus is it's one of the cheaper cat backs (about $400). If you want to upgrade I'd recommed that.

Add your comment to this topic!