Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

"Psst" sound on '02

rmcbri01
11-12-2005, 02:59 PM
My 02 Mountaineer makes a low volume "psst" type sound from the passenger side dash area whenever the fan is running. Occurs maybe once every 45-60 seconds. Obviously it's easiest to hear when the fan speed is low. Doesn't matter if the a/c is running or what part of the dash the air is being directed to. When running the a/c it works great. Any thoughts/suggestions??

Thanks.

bumpinkicker04
11-30-2005, 08:38 PM
My 02 Mountaineer makes a low volume "psst" type sound from the passenger side dash area whenever the fan is running. Occurs maybe once every 45-60 seconds. Obviously it's easiest to hear when the fan speed is low. Doesn't matter if the a/c is running or what part of the dash the air is being directed to. When running the a/c it works great. Any thoughts/suggestions??

Thanks.

In alot of the older fords they use vacuum switches to open the gate that allows hot/cold air into the cabin. I am not sure if they still use them on the new vehicles. Maybe that is the noise you are hearing.

rmcbri01
11-30-2005, 10:01 PM
In alot of the older fords they use vacuum switches to open the gate that allows hot/cold air into the cabin. I am not sure if they still use them on the new vehicles. Maybe that is the noise you are hearing.

Thanks for the input. I'll post any info I may find out down the road.

Add your comment to this topic!